Only a 6.40 first trip out sucks!

-

cold85

Reaction score
Took the dart to the local 1/8 and the fastest pass was the first. I turned the transbrake down to 3400. and I had put a new shifter in with the trans button on it and the car left okay but I accidently pulled it into second not far out and ran a 6.40 @121. The next passes i had a short in the trans brake and the other one where the brake held i blew the tires off. I was wanting to run in the 5's so bad. Maybe next time. I need to get new rear springs I can put all my weight on the trunk and the car does not move at all way to stiff.

IMG_1767.jpg

What setup do you have? Big block or small block? Give us a rundown on your combo. Wedgehead1

Give us a quick rundown on your setup. 6.40's ain't bad at all. Big block or small block? Wedgehead1

6.40 isnt bad but its running 121 mph that is for sure a 5.xx pass when you get the bugs worked out .the conquest that i have runs high 5.60's to low 5.70's at that mph. heres a slip of the quest with the 452

5.jpg

Well now I am down to 5.41 over time and 300 on one kit. this is at 3400lbs and a 275 radial

Thats a bad *** car i was wondering how the drag radials would hook on the street I run 29.5 10.5w mt slicks I drive the car on the street not as much as i would like though since the slicks i would like to get radials but i have no idea to figured out the tire size on them

yeah 572 b1 two kits but trying to get the car sorted on the 275 before we add power

Thats a bad *** car i was wondering how the drag radials would hook on the street I run 29.5 10.5w mt slicks I drive the car on the street not as much as i would like though since the slicks i would like to get radials but i have no idea to figured out the tire size on them
many metric conversions online just google it.
I would run the on the street due to the stable sidewalls

Cold 85?

Whats the spec of your motor!?

Does it run on pump fuel?

Thats 1 tough car!

Very nice car! I get the feeling your going to keep quiet about your setup, does this car see street "action" ? ? ? lol

Cold 85?

Whats the spec of your motor!?

Does it run on pump fuel?

Thats 1 tough car!
it a mega block 572 with original b-1's I will have to call my buddy @ HED to get the specs. So far we are only spraying 300 but we have two kits on it. and we run on the 275 @3400 lbs

Here are some runs from civil wars

WOW! that thing straight up moves and looks great doing it, I can't imagine it when you've got it set on kill. Too bad you aren't close to Chitown, you could make some money off that mopar from most of the "street" cars around that do RSD(real street drag) events. Good luck with your tuning and keep us posted on the ET drops

-
Back