Opened Up The Old 489

-
Weeell, did it run quiet?

Taking longer than I want to collect my parts and higher priorities exist over the car. "Her" kitchen for one...........
Kit6.jpg

Kit6b.jpg

Anyway, I was having issues getting the gas tank in the late fall. Bought a fill tube seal from Mega and could not get the tube through it. I have a DMT seal on the desk now to try next. So the tank is waiting in the trunk for me. But I'm also considering a different fuel pump rather than reuse the Holley electric.
The gear is going in this spring. We'll let ya' know.
New axles to change out the stock re-drills, new brakes, new SS e-brake cables. Still need some longer shank open end lugs for the Welds. A ways to go yet and in no big hurry.
Besides the wife gets irritated when I use "her" side of the garage and her car has to sit out. She's paranoid due to all the squirrel damage last couple years.

Nice job! Your fuel tank grommet....do a search on here, I thought you could still get from the dealer?
What's for dinner?
We have a NG stove but it seems a pain to keep clean. Love how cheap NG is though.

The choice of style was all her. I actually thought her backsplash was way too dark. That's why I'm not boss with this project. When I nailed down the hardwood floor (way back '99), I went around the peninsula and in front of the existing cabinets instead of remove & replace. Little did I know back then I'd still be here and have to pay for that decision, Lol. Had my nephew over to train me on floor repair. Piecing in the hardwood was a pain PAI but we got her done. Had to custom size the final course between old and new on the router table. Need to install crown yet. You understand "procrastination"?
Was.....
upload_2018-2-15_9-56-4.png

Is.........
Kit8b.jpg

Your fuel tank grommet....do a search on here, I thought you could still get from the dealer?

Thanks Steve. I did buy one from DMT to try. A lot of positive reviews from searches.
The stock original is hard as a rock with small cracks. The one on the left I gave up on.
TankGrom.jpg

-
Back