Opinion wanted about this car

-

BigWhip

New to Mopar land
Reaction score
My son and I are looking to compete in The Grassroots racing event this fall.

What the object is to build the best car you can for $2009. The car will compete in a drag race, a autocross event, and a car show. We are close to having his car made( a BMW 325 ). I want to put a FWD 472 Caddi motor in the back of a small s-10 or a El camino. While looking for parts I stumbled across this car. What do you think of this Mopar???? I may change my car plans for this year.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mopar-1983-Dodge-Challenger-Drag-Race-Car-Small-Block_W0QQitemZ260366064179QQihZ016QQcategoryZ6783QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Whip

Of course what it goes for! But that looks very clean and complete!As lite as it is any smooth runing s.b.m. will make it fly!(cheaply)and best of all how stinkn rare them are! how many u seen! I SAY NO DOUT GO FOR IT! my 2cents!

Sounds like you would win the drag race, but not do to good in the other events. The Cadi motor idea would get the most ooos and ahhhs in the car show event. Right now the bid is $202 which that's not a bad price for the car.

I have a good 360 out of a police car setting in the shop. So a motor is no problen. Another question is what would be a good value for this car? Building a car with in this budget is a challange. But It would be a great street car if you could get it to stop.

Whip

Gentlemen, I will not be able to buy the car, the reserve is to high for me to use in the Grassroots event. Some of you Colt fans may be interested.

How about a 3.5 Intrepid motor and trans on nitrous in the back of a 4 door Omni better yet a Rampage. But then a 85 Charger has a shorter wheelbase.

Thanks

Whip

-
Back