OPINIONS in New Build..........

-

pastortom1

Reaction score
Guys.......

I have a dilemma. I'm getting ready to start a resto and build on a 76 Duster with the Sunroof option and "half" vinyl roof.

It's Sublime, with a new white vinyl top. Normally, with a white vinyl top, I would use white side stripes and tail stripes.........BUT, I want to do a 'top front end' "blackout" similar to the Dart Sport in my Garage Photo's.

With a blackout hood (black hood and tops of fenders), I'm not sure the white stripes are gonna look good at all. I'm installing a dual snorkel, and want the blackouts...LOVE 'em. But wouldn't it look much better with BLACK striping?............and if I use black stripes, WHAT DO I DO ABOUT THE WHITE VINYL???

DYE IT BLACK?.....or LEAVE IT WHITE?

So, it boils down to these 3 choices:

1. Sublime with full blackout top (front end) and black stripes, & white vinyl.

2. Sublime with full blackout top (front end) and white stripes, & white vinyl.

3. Sublime with full blackout top (front end) and black stripes, & BLACK vinyl.

I'm stumped........Wish I could photoshop it all 3 ways..........

What color is the interior going to be?
Dallas

The interior is WHITE, with Mahogany wood grain dash and door accents. (Buckets, that is......)

I think the black striping and blackouts will compliment the sublime, but I'm worried about that half white vinyl roof throwing off the balance.......

Factory procedure on my project 72 Demon has white interior, white vinyl roof, white side and rear stripes, and black performance hood stripe and scoop. Exterior color is TB3 - "Petty" blue. I think with sublime it would look great. I recall seeing a B-body in a mag with your combo, and thought it looked great.

Grant

Hmmmm, decisions, decisions. Probably look fine any way you do it. The factory built just about every variation. I would probably do the blackout first to see what that looks like by itself with the white top. Then I would get some cheap white and black striping tape and stripe one side in white and the other in black. That way I could decide which color I like best before doing it for real. If I decided I liked the black stripe best but still wasn't crazy about the white top then I'd dye the top. However I think the white top would tie in with the interior regardless of the blackout hood and black stripe.
Dallas

#3 sounds good but I would dump the vinyl top, I don't like them, sooner or later rust gets under them.

I think the decision would be a lot easier if it was a FULL vinyl top instead of that half way look........It just plain screws up the color balance.........

-
Back