Opinions, Sujestions, Thoughts, ideas, tips wanted

-

BillyBBad

Reaction score
OK, Some know me here and some dont. I havent posted alot lately but that is about to change lol.

Anyway, The Cuda is headed off to the body shop sometime this spring and I have a few questions to ask you boys and girls out there. What I would like is your input, Thoughts and some ideas. I know it's my my car and what I do is up to me in the end, But I wanted to hear from some other MOPAR people. OK, Heres the questions.

1. Change color? right now the car is Surf Turq green W/ white stripes. I was thinking of going to Silver W/ Black stripes and Hood W/ a scoop.
Id like to use a bright silver and not the silver that DC uses now, To me it looks a little dull. I have seen lots of 68 Cudas in many differant colors, But very few in silver. What Im looking for is a color you dont see that much on 68's.

2. Stock looking interior? This one has been bugging me for a while now. Im not sure if I should stay stock looking or do a slight custom look to it.

3. Wheels: Drag Stars, Cragers or Bandits (it's what Brett has on his Cuda). With the color Im thinking of going to the chrome wheel would be best over lets say a Torque Thrust.

4. Exhaust: Dumps (before rearaxle)?, Scavenger (Out before rear tire)?, or straight out the back? If I do Dumps or Scavenger I can run 3", If Out the back I have to run 2 1/2".

5. Tubular K-Frame? does anyone here have one and what do you think of it?

6. Roll cage, Good Idea or not? Anyone here wish they never put one in there car and if so why.

Im sure to have some other questions as we go but I was looking for input on these here for right now.
Please feel free to give you opinons, Thoughts, do's and donts. In the end I know I have to make the call. The goal is to race, Drive, Show and get her in a mag.

Thanks all,
Billy

I have a video with a silver and black 68. I'll post it for you.

I like mostly stock looking interiors.

rims. Weld Drag stars. Brett had Bogart HotRods and they are around $1200 a set

Exhaust 3" with dumos to keep it simple or if you feel like spending 3" TTI X pipe and 3" TTI tail pipes.

Tube K frame. Check out LRT or if you want coil overs AlterKation

Roll cage if your gonna race, Yes. Its your life in the car.

Billy,

These are just opinions, nuff said.

1. Color: Paint it what ever will give you that ear to ear
smile as you open the garage door and say "Hey Baby"
for the first time on any given day.

2. Interior: Black would look great with a shiny silver paint
job. Mine is done in a 2-tone interior. Black with
body color matched inserts. I get more comments
from judges and spectators at shows than anything
else except engine and engine compartment.
They love it.

3. Wheels: See answer to #1.

4. Exhaust: Dumps. You hear more people picking up ET's with
these than I do about any other set up.

5. Frame: No experience.

6. Roll cage: Been asking myself whether to install or not for years.
How fast is the car? Does anyone use the back seat?

Don't know if I helped but I sure got a chance to practice my typing :D

onehellofadart said:
Billy,

These are just opinions, nuff said.

1. Color: Paint it what ever will give you that ear to ear
smile as you open the garage door and say "Hey Baby"
for the first time on any given day.

2. Interior: Black would look great with a shiny silver paint
job. Mine is done in a 2-tone interior. Black with
body color matched inserts. I get more comments
from judges and spectators at shows than anything
else except engine and engine compartment.
They love it.

3. Wheels: See answer to #1.

4. Exhaust: Dumps. You hear more people picking up ET's with
these than I do about any other set up.

5. Frame: No experience.

6. Roll cage: Been asking myself whether to install or not for years.
How fast is the car? Does anyone use the back seat?

Don't know if I helped but I sure got a chance to practice my typing :D

Im think of going with the Bogart wheel, Dumps was my #1 choice, and doing a 2 tome interior was my thought. Just look for ideas is all. thanks so far guys.

I say do what ever you want lol...nah heres my opinions...I say on the color...its just what ever i like gunmetal gray or any metallic silver looks good..Int. is up to you i like either way..enless its way over board like rice burner look...and wheels i say some slots or Weld i dont' like the looks of cragers on Mopars...Exhaust i like the looks of scavangers or out the back but its up to you...i like to see some tips..lol..and K frame i have no clue and i would put a roll cage in..doesn't have to be anything big...it will stiffen the body up and protect you in a roll over..

BillyBBad said:
OK, Some know me here and some dont. I havent posted alot lately but that is about to change lol.

OK, Heres the questions.

1. Change color? Paint it Black with Dark Green Stripes...

2. Stock looking interior? Put in a four sport seats...

3. Wheels: Black steel wheels, with dog dish plates...

4. Exhaust: X-pipes to back and just before rearbumper, dump it...

5. Tubular K-Frame? does anyone here have one and what do you think of it? My english is bad and i don't understand a question?...

6. Roll cage, Good Idea or not? Yes, it is a good idea, but if you are not racing regular do not put a full cage...Thanks all,
Billy

Yep, those are my idea's...

i have some pics on my site of some stuff i did with my 67....the exterior was already painted when I got it, but the interior was gutted and the front end was in bad need of a rebuild....
i did some personal dash panel mods, because i had a few extra panels lying around, but i wanted aftermarket gauges....so i built my own instrument section in my dash panel.....and painted it to match the car....

just some ideas....so you can spawn new ones from it, maybe...or see what you like and don't like...

http://home.comcast.net/~rodneywendell/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html

EDIT: i just looked at my site and wanted to add.....the links on the left side of the home page just go to select pictures....to see them all, go to Photos at the top

1. Change color? right now the car is Surf Turq green W/ white stripes. I was thinking of going to Silver W/ Black stripes and Hood W/ a scoop.
Id like to use a bright silver and not the silver that DC uses now, To me it looks a little dull. I have seen lots of 68 Cudas in many differant colors, But very few in silver. What Im looking for is a color you dont see that much on 68's.
A:To me silver would be awesome

2. Stock looking interior? This one has been bugging me for a while now. Im not sure if I should stay stock looking or do a slight custom look to it.
A:It`s easy to go over board,but a few updates are cool.Gauges,steering wheel

3. Wheels: Drag Stars, Cragers or Bandits (it's what Brett has on his Cuda). With the color Im thinking of going to the chrome wheel would be best over lets say a Torque Thrust.
A:Torque Thrust would still look good,but IMO a Torque Thrust 'D' wheel would set it off.

4. Exhaust: Dumps (before rearaxle)?, Scavenger (Out before rear tire)?, or straight out the back? If I do Dumps or Scavenger I can run 3", If Out the back I have to run 2 1/2".
A: out the back,but have some cutouts(to uncap) for days at the strip.

A:I`ve always used stock.

6. Roll cage, Good Idea or not? Anyone here wish they never put one in there car and if so why.
nah,unless you`re going fast enough to need one at the track
By the way Bill,I`m your neighbor...lol

valiantdave said:
A:To me silver would be awesome

A:It`s easy to go over board,but a few updates are cool.Gauges,steering wheel

A:Torque Thrust would still look good,but IMO a Torque Thrust 'D' wheel would set it off.

A: out the back,but have some cutouts(to uncap) for days at the strip.

A:I`ve always used stock.

nah,unless you`re going fast enough to need one at the track
By the way Bill,I`m your neighbor...lol

Holy crap Dave, I totaly forgot to tell you about this web board. Hows the car? Dads road Chicken doin ok? Good Lord having someone on here this close to me may not be a good idea lmao.

I was surprise to see Beaufort on here.Then remembered the cuda.Pop`s runner still going.We are got to cars we are working on now.His 68 GTS and I`mreal close to being done with my 69 Dart

Thought you should remember Dave lol. You bought parts from where I bought my car. then you snaged that 69 fastback out from under me lol, Found out I was 2 days too late on it. I was after the same 8 3/4 you were, Good buy on that car for 350 bux man.
Im sending the car to Alen Lowder in Owensville this spring, Silver seems to my top choice for color. Just cant figure out what I want to do for interior yet. I want a cross between stock and custom.

I heard he does good work.Yeah I had no idea you were after that car.I used alot of stuff for the Valiant.I got an a-body 8 3/4 if you need one,and a few other parts

Billy

Definately go with the silver and black! I love that combo.

Stay with stock interior, just gauges

I think a dog dish wheel with a level stance and some meet on the back with black walls would be cool. Cheap also.

No cage or tubeular K frame.

If you want to dump before axles go with Dr Gas 3" x-pipe and some Scott Brown muffs. My car went faster with this set up than running open headers and sounds like nothing else I've ever heard.

Well here is what we "THINK" we are going with..............

stroked 360 (408 CI)
250 N.O.S.
4.30 gears
Silver and Black paint
Stock Interior W/ After market gauge cluster
Bogart Wheels
Black sidewall tires
68 S/S Scoop
Tinted Windows
3" Exhaust (dump before rear axle)
No Roll Cage
No Tubular K-Frame
Disc Brake Conversion
4" wide front runner tires
10" wide rear tires
New Bumpers
Fiberglass hood
new front fender and rear quarters
S/S leaf springs
727 auto W/ 3500 stall (for now)

This seems the be the combo Most of my friends want me to go with and the one I like most as well.
Now when it's done all I need to do is get it up to Bretts and have photos done with then together, Maybe we can get on the front page together Brett....OK, I m dreaming again lol.

-
Back