Oportunity to buy 73' Duster

-

BlkArrow

Reaction score
Hey everyone, kind of new to this forum...thought that this would be the best place to post this. But on every Saturday night I go to the Berlin Turnpike(CT) with my dad and go to a car show. This guy we know has a duster and is willing to sell it to me for $1500. I went to look at it last night, looked pretty decent in the dark. The worst part is a hole in the rear dog-leg on the drivers side. Other than that the car is super solid. It is a 6 cylinder automatic with a torque flight tranny, he has the build sheet also...that was the like the only option lol. Interior is really clean (bench seat). It has some surface rust other than that it is really soild. I will get pics of it asap. Can you guys tell me if you thing that it is worth it?

Really it is a solid car besides that one spot on the rear quarter which would be an easy fix. Do you know any place that sells just that little section in front of the rear wheel? I know that he is really pretty firm with $1500. It is a running car, it comes with a brand new gas tank also (300$ from year one). It is that dark forest green with a dark green interior also.

Really it is a solid car besides that one spot on the rear quarter which would be an easy fix. Do you know any place that sells just that little section in front of the rear wheel? I know that he is really pretty firm with $1500. It is a running car, it comes with a brand new gas tank also (300$ from year one). It is that dark forest green with a dark green interior also.

To me if it's running and drivable then $1500 is not too bad of a price....I've seen "rollers" with no motor or tranny sell for more than $1500.

so when you go pick it up,for get about year one,there too high on there stuff.I get my sheet metal replacement parts from auto body specialties.There a lot cheaper,and the shipping is quicker too.

Alright, I just had to tell my dad if I wanted it or not. I guess I should, where else in the north east will I be able to find a solid car. It is literally all original the guy who would sell it to us bought it off an old lady, so it only has 40k miles I don't know if all 73' dusters came with front disc brakes but this one has them. Well I just checked to see what the price of a gas tank was, because he has a brand new one in the box for it.

I just checked out auto body specialties and they don't have the specific piece that I would need, though they do have good prices, thanks for pointing that site out!

I'm sure there will be things you will find later on, but right now you need to get under with a flashlight and check the frame rails, floor pans, front frame where the torsion bars go in and the frame on the inside (toward the motor) of each front wheel, that's a notorious spot for dirt piling up and rusting out the metal.

Check out this thread to know what I mean -> http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=34399&highlight=repair+front+frame

Well I still have not been able to go back and look at it in the light. But I do know that the only rot is on the dog-leg on the drivers side rear quarter, you know in front of the tire. I can't find a place anywhere that sells just that little section, do any of you guys know where I might be able find this. Also the only other problem is that around the key hole on the tail panel is all pulled out. It looks like someone broke the lock and started pulling on it to get into the trunk, I would either need to fix this or replace it, any suggestions? One last thing it needs a dash, this one is all warped cracked from the sun, year one has them but seem a bit pricey.

I will get pics asap, I am kinda mad I hacn't been able to go back and look at it yet.

-
Back