Options for an AAR type exhaust on Duster

-

392Mopar

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm minitubbing and installing a narrowed rear in my 72 Duster and due to the setup I had to cut the exhaust off at the muffler and it would be nearly imposible to run it out the rear. So instead of dumps, I want to go with a side exit in front of the rear tires like the AAR - T/A style but I dont want to pay $150-$250 for the muflers. Are there any other alternatives, other mufflers that have the inlet and outlet on the same side? Also I found some from a camaro that have an inlet and outlet on one side and another outlet on the other side, would in kill flow and performance to cap the other side and run it like an AAR style? Heres a picture.....

Any help would be appriciated. Thanks

Butch

5fb4_1.jpg

I did the same thing on a 73. I went with the Spin Tech split case mufflers exiting just ahead of the rear tire, HATE IT way to loud, most manufactures only produce the split cases as a racing muffler and they are really loud.
I just pulled it off and purchased mufflers and tips without tangs from Accurate LTD ( I have this system on my AAR) I love it I can now hold a conversation or listen to the radio. If I want loud I just open the electric cutouts.
Do it right once !

-
Back