Options on bad front frame rail

-

Avispa

Reaction score
Friend of mine put my demon on the lift today, seems the pass side front frame rail is damaged and rusting.
Anyone wanna venture opinions on My options? anyone been there, done that? He says a cap won't fit because of the damage.
here's a pic of the car, hate to scrap it.

IMGP1632.jpg

IMGP1634.jpg

Got a pic of the frame rail?
I haven't been there, done that - but, I am in Georgia and have a '74 or '75 Duster parts car that "should" have a good rail. If that's an option, get back with me.
C

Everything is fixable. Whether the economics make sense is an entirely different question.

The stuff we fix these days is amazing, but then, we've done a lot of it. Post some pictures of the rust and we'll give you some advice.

We await the photo's !!

Everything is fixable. Whether the economics make sense is an entirely different question.
The stuff we fix these days is amazing, but then, we've done a lot of it.

Isnt that the truth. When I was a kid "last resort" usually meant a sledge hammer. Now its a plasma cutter and welder. Things sure do change 8)

Ahhh ... those tall slim southern pines... beautiful!

It can be fixed... might cost a arm and leg but it can be fixed I bet. Friend of mine had a 280Z that won't hold alignment. He would get it aligned and it still would eat the tires up. Took it to a different alignment/tire shop and they saw that his frame was just about rusting in two. He traded in on a truck very shortly after that.

Sounds like Clhlyer has what you need.

Good luck she sure is a nice car.

Man, If your gonna scrap that ride because of a bad frame rail, sell it to me for scrap price!! That car is in too good of shape to scrap just because it has a rotted frame rail. Post some pics of the bad rail so we can see how bad it is.

It can be fixed, oh yes, it can be fixed!!

never messed with frame rails, it's a shame, it's a pretty clean car, like to find a frame shop and get it on a machine. don't think you can glip these unibodies, right?

Avispa,
I looked over my Duster that I am working on. This repair looks like a fairly straightforward fix. Not simple, but not too complicated either. Still looking for your pics. How is your floor pan?

What condition is the rest of your car in? From the pics it looks nice. If it is not eat up with rust it ought to be worth the repair, especially if you can do some or most of the work yourself. Let me know if I can help you in any way.
C

Find a way to fix that car, please. It looks way too nice to scrap or part out. I'd hate to see one less Demon on the road.

-
Back