Orange cast AL valve covers

-

440+6scamp

Reaction score
I like the look of the orange factory valve covers on my car. However, I'm having trouble with them leaking. I'd like to go to a cast aluminum cover to get a better seal instead of trying to get a 40 yr old stamped cover to seal. I don't like the looks of chrome, mopar wringle black or polished covers. They look good on a lot of motors but it's just not the look I'm going for. Is there any hemi orange cast cover out there? How difficult is it to paint/powder coat the covers w/o getting paint on the top of the fins? Also, where can I find a cast cover that doesn't have a logo? basically I'd like the mopar performance cover w/o a logo in orange. Any help would be appreciated. I'd

you can find some good covers cast stock covers right here on the forum or on ebay.....I was on a 2 week search for valve covers and was offered a few sets of factory cast aluminum covers by members so I know they are out there still for sale so you should put up a wanted ad and see what offers you get.

most guys were telling me about $30.00 shipped for a set!

you can clean them up easy with a little carb cleaner or some paint thinner and you can paint them easy enough.....OR may I suggest getting a set and having Leanna ( cudachick1968 ) powder coat them for you.....she does 10% off for fabo members I believe and also she is running a speacial right now i believe for 20% off if you reserve a spot sometime this summer to have them coated so she keeps steady business throughout her "off season"

good luck!

Leanna ( Cudachick1968 ) here on FABO did these for me. If you want 'em in hemi orange, she can do 'em. The 318 and artwork is custom. She ought to be able to do what you want with an as cast set of Mopar Performance Al covers. Give her a holler and tell her 2 Darts sent you.

VC_0362.jpg

Thanks for the props guys!!! :-D

Hemi Orange is a powder color I regularly keep in stock. Feel free to give me a call or send a PM if you want to discuss details 440+6scamp. I do a LOT of valve covers around here. LOL

Leanna, do you have any pics of hemi orange MP covers? If I went that route I'd like to coat them orange but leave the tops of the fins polished. Any pics that could give me an idea of how'd they'd look would be great.

Wow, nice work. The orange on top of the chrome covers is a nice touch. I'll try to decide which way I want to go and get back w/ you.

Thanks for the help.

hey, how can i go about getting a set of the 318 sticker?

hey, how can i go about getting a set of the 318 sticker?

Send a private message to Steve aka 2 Darts. He replied to this thread already and can get you set up. Dave aka GTGrinly prepared the decals.

How much does it cost to coat a set of valve covers?

LX, there's no set price on my valve covers. It depends on the color(s) you choose, how clean they are when they get here, and any custom work you want done. They start at about $65 and go up from there. FABO members get an automatic 10% discount, and valve covers go 'on sale' a few times a year so watch for my Monthly Powder Coating Specials.

I appreciate the questions and I'm sure 440+6scamp likes the thread bumps, but we're seriously hijacking his post. Sorry 440+!! :-D Please call or PM me for powder coating questions or to discuss details about your specific parts.

Here are my cast aluminum ones from 440 Source that are painted orange and I use those blue Morroso gaskets...notched on passenger side for A/C blower....

IMG00082-20100320-1158.jpg

billet oil breather on driver's side....

IMG00081-20100320-1157.jpg

-
Back