Orange peel

-
The 2k had to be mixed by puncturing a reservoir and shaking then used within 4 days , I'm pretty sure the Duplicolour was an enamel but I'll have to check the can when I get home because I couldn't find it on their website, I just know it was a hi build scratch filler , the colour was loaded and had no pot life limitation so I'm not sure if that means it's not catalized or what , in fact the can I bought last year to shoot a couple of wheels is still good today , I gave it a shake and shot a piece of scrap to compare the old and new mix for colour .

The epoxy 2k was shot before I started filling the seams so it was several days before the duplicolour , and I had to redo some bits of glaze several times so a couple of small areas were reprimed a couple of hours before the final scuff with 600 and the colour coat was shot but most of the panel was primed another couple of days before colour .

I gotta say this little 45-50 degree cold spell we are having is really trying my patience , I was looking at it this morning and realized theres 2 hidden strips that are@ 2"×10" where the bumper brackets mount that I can play with , so I am going to mask them off and experiment some so I can understand some of the terminology that you guys are throwing around lol. 1 is getting a couple of coats of clear as is and the other us getting a light wet sand with some 2500 then a couple of coats of clear .My High School had the motto "We learn by doing" and this seems like a learning opportunity if ever I saw one .Thanks again for everyones help I'm not trying to be hard headed I just sometimes need to see something develope first hand so I can grasp the whole picture.

All Righty then , I went home and checked the Duplicolour can ,it says it's a polyester resin , now to go look that up eh lol !

Played around a little then said wtf and cleared the whole thing , if it turns out shitty I'm just back to reshooting the colour and out a can of clear .

-
Back