Orchard Beach Show

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
On Sept. 27th. there is going to be a HUGE show at Orchard Beach in the Bronx (about 20 minutes north of Queens....) The show was originated by retired Highway Patrol Officer Joseph Caldwell as a fund raiser for the families of Police Officers killed in the 9-11 attack. This show has been featured on Car Crazy and is acknowledged as THE biggest show on the East Coast. Here's the link:

http://www.orchardbeachcarshow.com/

This is a Car & Motorcycle show that also includes a bike run to Ground Zero. There will be members of the NY Yankees and Mets in attendance, plus some film & radio personalities. Details are in the web site. The P.O. that started this show in `01 happens to drive a Mopar. And this brings me to the question:

Anyone into a road trip? Amy & myself will be going solo if no one else shows. It maps out at approx. 20 minutes from my place, just at the base of the Throggs Neck Bridge. The ride does NOT take you through THE well-known "South Bronx", which rivals the Bermuda Triangle as the last place on Earth you'd want to drive through, in anything but a full-on Military Hummer.

Give it some though all you NY-NJ-Conn. guys.... $20 admission and a lot of car people. And it's a good cause....

Wow, I`d do that in a New York minute if I was even somewhat near there. Sounds like a good time! We`ll need pictures from this one. :burnout:

On Sept. 27th. there is going to be a HUGE show at Orchard Beach in the Bronx (about 20 minutes north of Queens....) The show was originated by retired Highway Patrol Officer Joseph Caldwell as a fund raiser for the families of Police Officers killed in the 9-11 attack. This show has been featured on Car Crazy and is acknowledged as THE biggest show on the East Coast. Here's the link:

http://www.orchardbeachcarshow.com/

This is a Car & Motorcycle show that also includes a bike run to Ground Zero. There will be members of the NY Yankees and Mets in attendance, plus some film & radio personalities. Details are in the web site. The P.O. that started this show in `01 happens to drive a Mopar. And this brings me to the question:

Anyone into a road trip? Amy & myself will be going solo if no one else shows. It maps out at approx. 20 minutes from my place, just at the base of the Throggs Neck Bridge. The ride does NOT take you through THE well-known "South Bronx", which rivals the Bermuda Triangle as the last place on Earth you'd want to drive through, in anything but a full-on Military Hummer.

Give it some though all you NY-NJ-Conn. guys.... $20 admission and a lot of car people. And it's a good cause....

Sounds like a good time ... I'm there

I'm going to bump this from time to time. This is a good cause and I'd like to see us represent.

-
Back