ordered 4 bilstein shocks

-

jdsduster

Reaction score
hope they are worth it.i have kyb on the front,mp on the rear.we will see.
73 duster, espo rear springs
one step above 340 torsion bar(93??)

great deal too $378.00 compaired to firm feel $440.00 plus shipping,thanks to our member here.

Who did you order them from? I am close to being ready for some.

I tried all sorts of shocks and springs on my 37 Ford Coupe without much success. met a Bilstein Dealer from San Diego who promised me he could set up the coupe with a great ride. That was about 6 years ago, and man what a ride! You won't regret the Bilsteins

Attachments

• IMG_0557.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 369
thats great,its just a lot of money for shocks,i quess you get what you pay for

You'd never feel the difference between those and Monroes.

I put a set of bilsteins on my 67 belvedere and replaced the kybs and I think it was worth the 400$ but I do like a stiff ride. Dustin

It was a night and day difference on my Speed6 over the oem, Japanese made KYB's, which are considered a pretty shock in those circles.

That said, dampers need to match the ride height, spring rate and use.

Now boys... :cheers:

It was a night and day difference on my Speed6 over the oem, Japanese made KYB's, which are considered a pretty shock in those circles.

That said, dampers need to match the ride height, spring rate and use.

My vote for best answer.. I thought along those lines, but was too lazy to explain. My problem is I assume people do their homework before pulling the trigger on expensive, highly specialized parts like I do.

hope they are worth it.i have kyb on the front,mp on the rear.we will see.
73 duster, espo rear springs
one step above 340 torsion bar(93??)

great deal too $378.00 compaired to firm feel $440.00 plus shipping,thanks to our member here.

I have never had a set on an A body, but I have had a set on a Toyota TRD truck.
Shocks worked great on that truck.

I dont see any reason why they wouldnt work well on your car.
Let us know how you like them.

My point was simple. When you start using brand names like Bilstein and Fox you are talking about high dollar race oriented pieces. Are you going to drive your car like that on the street? That would be the question I would ask. Those are serious shocks made for equally serious abuse. On the street?

It's your money. For a street car, that's just something that would never be in my wheelhouse. Not even close. I am sure the high dollar shocks do what they were designed to. I have installed them all in the past myself.

I suppose if money's not the issue and you want them, go for it. "When" you can "get away" with driving in a way that those shocks will work on the street, I am sure they will do the job.

I am curious if those who have them and say they work that much better are simply embarrassed to say there really isn't that much difference. I have driven most all types of shocks. While I can tell a difference, it's not THAT much difference. At least not on the street.

Shocks are made pretty much to do one job. To hold the tire in contact with the road. If they already do a good job at that, how much "better" can it really get?

My point was simple. When you start using brand names like Bilstein and Fox you are talking about high dollar race oriented pieces. Are you going to drive your car like that on the street? That would be the question I would ask. Those are serious shocks made for equally serious abuse. On the street?

It's your money. For a street car, that's just something that would never be in my wheelhouse. Not even close. I am sure the high dollar shocks do what they were designed to. I have installed them all in the past myself.

I suppose if money's not the issue and you want them, go for it. "When" you can "get away" with driving in a way that those shocks will work on the street, I am sure they will do the job.

I am curious if those who have them and say they work that much better are simply embarrassed to say there really isn't that much difference. I have driven most all types of shocks. While I can tell a difference, it's not THAT much difference. At least not on the street.

Shocks are made pretty much to do one job. To hold the tire in contact with the road. If they already do a good job at that, how much "better" can it really get?

Uh Rusty, if you've never driven an A body on the Bilsteins, you have no idea what you are talking about. There is a night and day daily driving difference. I've wasted $400 many times in my life, the Bilsteins on my Barracuda were the best $400 (actually I got them on sale for $300) I've ever spent.

Uh Rusty, if you've never driven an A body on the Bilsteins, you have no idea what you are talking about. There is a night and day daily driving difference. I've wasted $400 many times in my life, the Bilsteins on my Barracuda were the best $400 (actually I got them on sale for $300) I've ever spent.

Did I say that? I clearly said I have installed AND driven. I "felt" a difference. Just not "enough" for "me" to spend the money.

You'd never feel the difference between those and Monroes.

Wrong assessment, here.. Yes they do... On a basic Fox body 'Stang,unbelievable. As for parts guy slang" Mo nroe is fair stuff, Bilstein kicks ***.. I normally low buck stuff, suspension no way in hell...

I went from Koni to Bilstein in an Ozzie GM product....while the Koni's were good the Bilsteins were way better..more control and better ride....my mate now has them in his 62 A body and loves them, & I have a set waiting for my 62...while they are expensive they last a long time and are rebuildable, good value in the long run!! and we pay $700 for them here in OZ!!

Wrong assessment, here.. Yes they do... On a basic Fox body 'Stang,unbelievable. As for parts guy slang" Mo nroe is fair stuff, Bilstein kicks ***.. I normally low buck stuff, suspension no way in hell...

Well, I cannot see myself with Bilsteins on my 75 F250 cruising 45 on the way to work.

Jes 'TAINT happenin. LOL

..if you are replacing worn out shocks with Bilsteins the difference can be shocking!

Guess I'll find out. I bought a set for the GTS project. Soon to be assembled and under it's own power.

I put Bilstein on all 4 corners about 2 months ago.
Feels like a different car now!

I love them!

-
Back