Ordered a new Challenger today.

-

1968FormulaS340

Reaction score
Placing my order for a Challenger R/T plus.

White
6 Speed manual
Super Track Pack
Audio Sound Group II
Hyper Black II Forged Aluminum Wheels.

IMG_0811.JPG

IMG_0812.JPG

Last edited:
Good for you . I didn't know you could order one . Question : How long for delivery and is there any advantage to ordering ? Thanks, Tom

The advantage to ordering one is that you get exactly what you want instead of selecting from dealer stock. Wait time is 6 -8 weeks.

I will find out Monday if my order can be processed. I am ordering very late in the model year for a 17.

Nice. I'd have one but I need to haul two car seats.....

What does the track pack get you?

I bought a 2010 SRT and ordered it because all cars in stock had a stupid sunroof. Why put a sunroof in a car that can 150 MPH. Car has A/C why a sunroof? I guess back then they needed the extra $800 to stay afloat. In fact I didn't think I would get because of all the bankrupt B.S. It's nice to see my name on the build sheet" made especially for me". Good luck. I love my car.

How much hp?
Might sound dumb to some...but I always wanted to take a new one, **** can the motor and toss in something big, old, a lot louder.

my 98 V-10 dually said made especially for me. Has been a great truck. My son has been using it to pull his mulching equipment for the past 3 months. About 20,000 lbs

The Challenger is an awesome car! I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine. I also think they are very reasonably priced for what you get. Enjoy!

Good choice in white. If I could go back in time and order a AAR or T/A I would no doubt go white.
Enjoy your new car.

I bought a 2010 SRT and ordered it because all cars in stock had a stupid sunroof. Why put a sunroof in a car that can 150 MPH. Car has A/C why a sunroof? I guess back then they needed the extra $800 to stay afloat. In fact I didn't think I would get because of all the bankrupt B.S. It's nice to see my name on the build sheet" made especially for me". Good luck. I love my car.

I'm with you, I specially did not want a sunroof.

Nice choice, 340...... Not cheap ..but sweet.. Love the stripe delete, ..these cars, won' t ......be available too much longer..( personal hunch...)....

Get old and never have kids, that's the secret to having some extra cash. lol
ha! I am old! kids are both in early 40' and never asked me for a dime! must have been in their water!?

anyway, love that car, closest I ever came to such would have been a 71 340 challenger and 71 383 challenger vert back the 90's !

have fun!!!!

Nice. Wish I could do that. I want an SRT 392 so bad I can taste it. My buddy has a 2011 and absolutely loves it.

Very nice, I have been saying I would like a white one (stays cool, clean, and you never get sick of the color) and since I can't get one, at least I can be happy for you.

Looking like bad news ahead. I was told today that the window for ordering a 2017 has just closed but they have a chance of still getting one pushed through.

Was also told that with my option combo my car would be delivered with black stripes and my wheel option (a stand alone option) is showing unavailable on a 6 speed manual.

Tomorrow I sit down and build the order with them on their dealer ordering system. They just want to show me that they aren't making this stuff up.

I may be looking at an 18 instead of a 17 and that's ok.

Last edited:
Well, as we get older at least we are more patient. My last one I ordered was Orange. It had black rt stripes. I had it for a couple weeks decided I didn't want them, they just peeled right off and I waxed it. Nice thing about new cars. I wish you luck. It will work out.

-
Back