ordered the cragar SS

-
Thanks for the answer, and here's some more questions. How much clearance is there between the inside of the rear tire and the leaf spring? I was thinking about going with 275/60-15 in the rear. Those 255s that you have on there look like they have plenty of clearance. I was thinking about a little larger in diameter front tire. When turning the fronts are they close anywhere?

Thanks for the answer, and here's some more questions. How much clearance is there between the inside of the rear tire and the leaf spring? I was thinking about going with 275/60-15 in the rear. Those 255s that you have on there look like they have plenty of clearance. I was thinking about a little larger in diameter front tire. When turning the fronts are they close anywhere?

I have just enough room in the front with no rubbing issues. I'm sure a taller tire would rub at the rear of the front wheel opening. I have about an inch of clearance in the back between the tire bulge and leaf springs. I'm afraid a wider tire in the back won't work for me unless I get a wheel with a different offset (deeper dish). I don't think Cragar offers a deeper dish wheel in the 15x8 size. Guess I am stuck with what I have. Still pleased though.

Yayyy, my tires are being mounted, cragar camp is back in bizness. Should get them in a week or so. too bad my front end is stripped to the frame for rebuild. same sizes for me as you lefty, I talked to the guy about 275's and he said its risky with the increased height and 3/4 inch width increase. I will post pics when done. chitchitchit

I just went to Summit and tried to order 2 15 X 8 5 on 4 BP Cragars and they say out of stock, expected delivery date was 5/18/2017. WTF?

I just went to Summit and tried to order 2 15 X 8 5 on 4 BP Cragars and they say out of stock, expected delivery date was 5/18/2017. WTF?

I checked with 3 different vendors including Summit. They all said 4 to 6 weeks. Mine took exactly 6 weeks.

Yayyy, my tires are being mounted, cragar camp is back in bizness. Should get them in a week or so. too bad my front end is stripped to the frame for rebuild. same sizes for me as you lefty, I talked to the guy about 275's and he said its risky with the increased height and 3/4 inch width increase. I will post pics when done. chitchitchit

Awesome Grjammer. If 275's are only 3/4 inch wider, I'll stick with my 255's. I'll be watching for your pics...

Finally! I really hated looking at the new rims and tires in the boxes...So i finished rebuilding the complete front end. just needs an alignment tune.
I am attaching the before and after pics.

(and now i have to mow the grass!)

Attachments

• Before.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 155
  • After.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 169
-
Back