Organasol vs Hot Rod Black question

-

clhyer

Reaction score
Howdy folks,
Followed a couple recent threads with some interest. I am working on what will be a daily driver. That means mostly parked outside in the Georgia sun. Which product would hold up better? How long might I expect either one to hold up?
Thanks,
C

Its pretty cheep for a quart,holds up great,and if it gets scratched or fades or something,will be cheap to repaint in 5 years or so

The Dupont Hot Rod black is a modern acrylic urethane, it will look much better for a much longer time than organasol. The organasol will start to get chauky looking after only a few months of exposure to the sun.

Personally I would spend $50 for a pint of the Hot Rod black and not have to worry about it for the next 10 years verse $15 for the organasol and have to redo it every couple of years.

Black base coat with a flattened clear coat will hold up the best and be easiest to maintain.

Black base coat with a flattened clear coat will hold up the best and be easiest to maintain.

now adam with doing that does that give it that hot rod, flat black look and wut is the best way to maintain it I take it NO wax just wash it

With the flat clear the paint will be real low gloss (depending on how much flattening agent you use) and you can wax over it with no problem.

FWIW, the modern Organisol available through PPG is also an acrylic urethane (Concept DCC) @ $50/pint.

-
Back