original color or change

-
There is a 69 440 dart with bronze paint, black vinyl top, black interior and black stripe, LOOKS GREAT

if the rest of the car looks as good as the dog house, clean it up and leave it alone.

Original cars are hard to come by, and by far worth more money if clean. But if it needs restore, value will be higher painted back original.

If you want a blue car, flip this so someone can have a nice original in a great color

MY TWO CENTS

Great car and color, leave it alone and put the gator grain back on!! Great find, off the road since '76.....wow. How did you find it?

Everybody seems to paint their car B5. Bronze looks great on these cars -- I would say stick with it.

picked up a unmolsted 69 340 swinger t5 bronze with the gator grain roof.like to go b5 blue with the b7 roof. seen one on ebay and it looked sweet.keep it original or change. thanks

picked up a unmolsted 69 340 swinger t5 bronze with the gator grain roof.like to go b5 blue with the b7 roof. seen one on ebay and it looked sweet.keep it original or change. thanks
you guys are right.its will be t5.will order the saddle interior today.thanks for all the advise.but its getting a new 416 keeping the matching # motor on the side.

Isn't 69 T5 called copper poly.Leave it that color

Attachments

• down%20this.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 206
T5 bronze with the gator grain roof sounds pretty cool, I would have to see pics, but bottom line is ....do it how You want, what makes You happy, nothing else matters.

Good choice ....After seeing pic's I would stay with the T5 color also, and the gator grain top......:glasses7:

If the car is mostly original I prefer the original color. If the car is going to be heavily modified in other ways then paint it how you like it. T5 is an awesome choice!!

you guys are right.its will be t5.will order the saddle interior today.thanks for all the advise.but its getting a new 416 keeping the matching # motor on the side.

You didn't say before that it was saddle interior!!!!!
Here's a pic from the '70s, T5, saddle deluxe interior, saddle top.....383 4speed!

Attachments

• T5 383-S notch in the '70s 001.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 153
  • T5 383-S notch in the '70s 002.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 157
Another vote for "do not change!" :)

Thats one of the best colors fo a Dart, IMO...perfectly suits the body style. The car appears to be in good shape too. :cool:

According to Hamtramck files T5 Dodge is called copper poly I couldn't find a 69 Plymouth one on this site was it possible that Plymouth called T5 Fire Bronze Metallic?

http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/paintChipCharts/_1969PaintChipCharts-01.shtml?load_img=1

Ok, i see Barry doesn't have Plymouth colors. I always think of T5 in the Plymouth name and i had the words in the wrong order(i'm getting old), it's "Bronze Fire Metallic" ......i have 5 sources in hand!
The large Plymouth color and trim selector book, Mobil Chemical Co., and ACME Quality Paints call it "Bronze Fire Metallic"
PPG and Martin Senour Paints call it "Bronze Fire Poly"

Ok, i see Barry doesn't have Plymouth colors. I always think of T5 in the Plymouth name and i had the words in the wrong order(i'm getting old), it's "Bronze Fire Metallic" ......i have 5 sources in hand!
The large Plymouth color and trim selector book, Mobil Chemical Co., and ACME Quality Paints call it "Bronze Fire Metallic"
PPG and Martin Senour Paints call it "Bronze Fire Poly"

YEAP bronze in on the Plymouth side http://69roadrunner.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=84

NICE score ... To many blues... reds ....
I have a T5 69 340 4 speed Swinger with saddle interior ... The white strip on T5 in my opinon is not a good choice .... Put a mat black strip on it ... Not many cars with that combo in 69 left... Carpet should be black .. I know that saddle looks better ( i changed mine to saddle :( ..... Will change back soon..
Can you get Original Saddle seat covers... door panels .....?
Can you post pictures of the sunvisors ? want to know if color matches a pillar paint. or top of doors ... Something tellsme that they are Gold in color ?
Mine is in storage .... i do not have current photos ... Thanks

to add another opinion to the list, i'd keep it the orig. color. on that body it's a really nice color option. i'm all for keeping things mostly orig. unless your doing a motor swap, pro street build, etc. , then it's balls to the wall :burnout:
just my opinion :D

I found 2 photos.. original ext paint ... wrong color carpet ...

Attachments

• SS850267.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 132
  • SS850070.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 124
sweet looking dart.yes you can get the saddle interior from legendary 4 to 5 weeks.went with a little darker carpet than original.will try to post a pic of the sunvizors.thanks

Another vote for origional. That is a nice car. I seem to get my nuts kicked every time i say so, but the origional colors are part of the cars blood and history. You gotta stick with origional.

I purchased a set of door panels for a 68 dart i had about 8-10 years ago ... cannot remember from who... but the vinyl material on door panels were glued right to the backing ... in otherwords did not have any cushion ... are they better now? Did you research it and verify that they changed this?

-
Back