"Original Tech" article from Collectors guide

-

toolmanmike

Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Any of you slant 6, 273, or 318 fans out there Happen to read the "Original Tech" article in the June Mopar Collectors Guide. Frank Baldason, the writer, tells about original valve stem extensions. The second half of the article is about whether rubber valve cover gaskets were ever used from the factory. "Is it possible that Slant Sixes or 318's came with them." "no one has ever spent time researching this" "Why would we? Those would have nothing to do with the high performance cars we work on" "low performance A Bodies" the list of slams goes on. This jackwagon needs to be slapped....his last line....."that's a simple fact and that's the way it is."

I don't think I'll renew my subscription!

I agree toolmanmike.

I restored a 1969 RR convertible, two Superbirds..one of which went to Grand National status with the AACA.

My most recent restoration was my Grandmother's 1972 Plymouth Scamp with a 225 and A/C finished in 2003. I grew up with this car and while it's not some flashy musclecar...it's family.

I did my homework on this car to make everything as correct as possible. Very little had been messed with so I had a very good starting point. This car is now an AACA Grand National Senior and scored 97.5 at the Carlisle SME.

There's no doubt the hi-po cars are big money at the auctions, etc...but what most forget is that for every hemi 'cuda that was sold...many, many slant six wagons, Dusters, etc were sold. Dealer's lots were NOT full of Chargers and Road Runner.

I hadn't even read the whole story until seeing this thread. I'm sorry to admit that I took note of some "elitism" in the comments.

-
Back