our band's first gig 7/19

-

MTmopars

Reaction score
As the title states, our first gig is this Saturday. We are opening for 3 other local bands. I'm starting to get a little nervous. All the other guys have experience live, I don't. Hopefully I don't screw it royally!

If it's like the first time for me (as a drummer, rather than front man), the first song or two you'll be thinking, "This sucks...I wanna go back to the practice room." Then somebody in the crowd will react and it'll get to be fun.

Listen to the other guys (and hope you can hear everyone) and you'll be fine. If you make a mistake, own it like a rockstar and keep on going. :)

You'll have a blast! 10 years ago this week, I got to open up for Lynyrd Skynyrd. Man, was that ever a fun day!

Attachments

• DCP_2063.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 106
  • DCP_2047.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_0065.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_0063-cropped.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 115
Awesome! We are worried about sound. It's a private party at the guys ranch. We asked about sound and all the bands in the past have just played through their amps and mic'd the drums and singer for PA. Our band is different though. Our drummer was born 85% deaf, about the only thing her can ever hear is the bass line if he doesn't have a monitor. Everything else to him is just noise. Our lead guitarist had a work place accident a few years ago that left him completely deaf in his right ear. They are amazing musicians too. Our drummer does concert piano and guitarist went to guitar tech in MN and teaches lessons.

-
Back