out of the norm,for Mr. Norm

-

spikekid999

MOPAR OR NO CAR!!!
Reaction score
i know this is a bit of a stretch to ask on here but does anyone have pics of lowrider a-bodys?? i got a 74 dart sport im gonna lowride the **** outta and lookin for more and more inspiration. heres a few pics ive found

68 dart
Picture080.jpg

devilsadvocate3.jpg

66 dart
2194624_13_full.jpg

72 or so duster
2934209_11_full.jpg

73 or so dart sport
30dc56f.jpg

I think your gonna have a hard time finding to many lowrider Mopars of any kind, Mopar guys are pretty hardcore. No dis-respect to your taste, but please don't do that to a Mopar

actually ive found a quite a few pics of mopar lowriders.

heres a pic of my dart now
Picture087.jpg

and heres how i want it to look when im done. maybe not this bright of a green and chrome or gold spokes
Picture087-1.jpg

I think they are pretty cool. Im not a big fan of hydros even though I wired up a 13 battery system in my buddies 64 SS. I love the skirts on that 66, I have a set for my 73 4 door.

i appreciate lowriders for the blood, sweat, tears and details put into the cars. i just can't see why people then put 13" daytons on 'em and then bounce the **** outta 'em and destroy frames, control arms, etc.

it is YOUR car, but this site doesn't cater much to that crowd. godd luck with your project.

poor dog looks a little uncomfortable in the back
naw he was stayin in the shade. when i bring him over to the garage he either lays on the cold concrete floor or in the shade under the cars

I think they are pretty cool. Im not a big fan of hydros even though I wired up a 13 battery system in my buddies 64 SS. I love the skirts on that 66, I have a set for my 73 4 door.
sweet, to bad the rear wheel wells are different from your 4 door n my sport,else id prolly hit you up for em8) you should make a low out of that 4 door. that would look bitchin with them skirts

i appreciate lowriders for the blood, sweat, tears and details put into the cars. i just can't see why people then put 13" daytons on 'em and then bounce the **** outta 'em and destroy frames, control arms, etc.

it is YOUR car, but this site doesn't cater much to that crowd. godd luck with your project.

ya i didnt think there would be but thought i would try anyways. some people know what they are doing and reinforce the control arms and wrap the frames so they dont tweak the **** out of em, people that dont are just retarded. me for instance, wont be hoppin my ****,mainly cuz they are unibodys,but im still doin as much reinforcing as i can even though theyll be clean crusers,i dont wanna take the chance of fuckin it up and tryin to fix it,id rather do it right the 1st time around

and thanks for the kind words

sorry not a fan of lowriders. Now that ride height with a set of 18 inch cragars SS's and a keisler 5 speed would be a cool protouring car....just more my style. your photo shopd green dart looks good, other than the wheels, just cant bring myself to see where people like that style wheel i guess. good luck with it, looks like a clean dart

sorry not a fan of lowriders. Now that ride height with a set of 18 inch cragars SS's and a keisler 5 speed would be a cool protouring car....just more my style. your photo shopd green dart looks good, other than the wheels, just cant bring myself to see where people like that style wheel i guess. good luck with it, looks like a clean dart
im not a fan of maunal tranys,just me. i would hot rod it out but its not really my style. i like lowriders,and theres not to many lowrider mopars, so im kinda tryin to bring more into the lowrider scene,and show the traditional lowriders that mopars can make nice lows too.

thanks for the kind words. ya its a pretty solid car but does need 1/4 and front fenders. i got a pair of fenders to patch up but not lookin forward to doin the 1/4s

if anyone is interested in the build up of my sport,heres a link for yall to check out

http://www.layitlow.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=409719

lol, yeah, after looking at your buildup and some of the comments they left you id say that this is not going to be a very helpful site for you, as far as droppin it or wahtever else. just not the style around here i guess. but any tech questions you have can be answered, theres alot of guys here who have been building engines longer than ive been alive. I would of taken alot different rought with the car. Your car, the only thing that matters is that you like it. Its such a clean dart to start with too, and low miles. its hard to find any mopar with low miles and in good condition like that. Interior looks spotless

im not a fan of maunal tranys,just me. i would hot rod it out but its not really my style. i like lowriders,and theres not to many lowrider mopars, so im kinda tryin to bring more into the lowrider scene,and show the traditional lowriders that mopars can make nice lows too.

thanks for the kind words. ya its a pretty solid car but does need 1/4 and front fenders. i got a pair of fenders to patch up but not lookin forward to doin the 1/4s

your car will have very little body work compared to what i had to do with my duster. i wish i couldve started out with that clean of a car

I just cant see how an A body could hold up to all that bouncing around & still have a straight body, especially if it wasnt sporting frame connectors. Im glad your saving an old mopar from the crusher so to speak & I like your color/stance combo. Like thanson_mopar said, throw on some 18" S/S's & now its looking hella good.

Yours is ok with me but i'll be honest with you, that picture of the 68 dart makes me want to vomit:vom:.

your car will have very little body work compared to what i had to do with my duster. i wish i couldve started out with that clean of a car
thanks. this car was owned by an older couple that ALWAYS brought it to the dealer for service,and i guess its been sittin in a garage for th past 4-5 years. the interior is spotless. im gonna try my hand at fiberglassin a pair of kick panels for 6.5" speakers,and i have no idea what im gonna do for rear 6x9s as theres NO place to mount em since it has the rear fold down seat.and if i have any questions i will ask on here

I just cant see how an A body could hold up to all that bouncing around & still have a straight body, especially if it wasnt sporting frame connectors. Im glad your saving an old mopar from the crusher so to speak & I like your color/stance combo. Like thanson_mopar said, throw on some 18" S/S's & now its looking hella good.

Yours is ok with me but i'll be honest with you, that picture of the 68 dart makes me want to vomit:vom:.
as i said in one of my posts, i will NOT be hopping it,it will be a clean cruiser,and i will be making frame connectors for it. and i will be reinforcing parts of the front suspension for safty purposes

The lowrider scene isn't my cup of tea, but I take comfort in knowing that you'll be enjoying your ride. That's way better than it being reduced to soup cans.

The warped side of me (often dominant) thinks it'd be amusing to scrounge-up a thrashed AMC Matador or maybe a Volvo DL Wagon to create a really unique lowrider. In my head, it has low-profile snow tires on all four corners and looks a lot like something The A Team would build... but really bouncy.

not sure if this dide reinforced this car,,hope he did
2542353_331_full.jpg

80/81 doba
2346012_1_full.jpg

this is a 74 satillite (SP) that a guy built over in europe
dsc03112gg8.jpg

monaco i found on cardomain
2542353_19_full.jpg

doba i found on cardomain
2542353_28_full.jpg

newport
2542353_5_full.jpg

as i said in one of my posts, i will NOT be hopping it,it will be a clean cruiser,and i will be making frame connectors for it. and i will be reinforcing parts of the front suspension for safty purposes

Thats good about the hopping. Thats going to be a slick azz cruzer when you get done!8)

& the car you have listed as a 80/81 cordoba is actually a Dodge Mirada...pretty rare!

wel now ive seen it all, ive been to many lead sled events,, i love the mercs,,and the rivs look good to as a low rider,, as well as the 64 impala,,that all that car is good for,,, but ive never seen a mopar low rider,,
dont tyr putting a HEMI in it if your gonna make it hop,,,it may slam to the ground,and end up in china,,,,

but at least your a mopar guy,,,some one in the low rider world,,representing us,,,i guess,,,

actually ive found a quite a few pics of mopar lowriders.

heres a pic of my dart now
Picture087.jpg

and heres how i want it to look when im done. maybe not this bright of a green and chrome or gold spokes
Picture087-1.jpg

If you are ganna go with the daytons I think you should use silver ones. The whole "Green is fo tha money and gold is fo tha honeys" thing died in 1992 along with mini trucks with neon drippy paint paint jobs, thank god! Other than that I think it will look cool.

-
Back