Out with the 4-speed

-

super scamp 340

Reaction score
I got the scamp done and drove it 320 miles to somerset ky. and back. And would like to do a 5-speed I called a few vender that had 5-speed kits and could not decide witch one to go with.One vender was Keisler they priced me one for $3700.00 and would need my bellhousing to machine.I told the salesman that was fine and I would come get it since there only hour and half from me .Then he told me it would be $350.00 more if I did that So then I called Classic Motorsports Group they priced me a tremec 600 for $3400.00 with a new bellhousing and free shipping so has anyone used this kit.

pic's of the 4-speed it's only got 400 mile's on works great.

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 509
  • 007.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 500
  • 035.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 476
  • 036.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 499
So...just so I understand, Keisler wants 350 EXTRA bucks if you go and GET the stuff? WTF?

So...just so I understand, Keisler wants 350 EXTRA bucks if you go and GET the stuff? WTF?

Thats what the salesman told me.I was going to get one and take my bellhousing to them since thay are so close.why fool with shipping when you go get it. but not for $350 more.

I've never heard anyone say anything great about Shafi Keisler, except the mags who are paid by him to talk him up. It sounds like he has taken lessons from Jim's Auto Parts.

Says available soon on their website. Give them a call and see when they might have them ready to sell. In my opinion, the Passion 5 speed would be the way to go. No mods, just bolt it in and go.

http://passonperformance.com/

Thats what the salesman told me.I was going to get one and take my bellhousing to them since thay are so close.why fool with shipping when you go get it. but not for $350 more.

That's just the stupidest thing I ever heard. Not that I doubt you. I'm sure you're spot on. Damn that's stupid. I mean, look at your car. It's obvious you're GONNA buy somethin. LOL

That was a compliment, btw. lol

I just ordered the TKO-600 for mine last Friday $3574.00 with shipping. Already shipped them my bellhousing and awaiting the delivery. My 4-speed was in dire need of a rebuild, Decided to keep my 4:56 gears an go with the 5 speed.

I pieced my TKO kit together for my Dakota, It came out to around $3500, after it was all said and done, so the kit price of $3400 isn't bad.

I got me a tko 600 ordered from classic motorsports for $3400.00 comes with everthing.should be here in a few days.Called bill monday at RMS and ordered a front k-member set up he said 2 or 3 weeks.But he said he would try for sooner.So when it get's here all my front suspension is for sale to.it's got 2 inch drop spindle,alum.strut rods and tie rods sleeves,cross drilled rotors,welded lower control arms,ceramic coated torsion bars and drag link bar,chrome sway bar. Haven't thought of a price yet but will let you guy's no when my stuff gets here.

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 310
  • 006.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 303
  • 025.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 317
  • 007.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 308
Bill's stuff is sweet, have you looked into the adjustable stut rods?
What T-bars are you running?

did youre kit come in? any pics of install? im looking into how to do my pieced together version on my duster.

michael

-
Back