outcome of match race between the two yellow darts

-

flboatman1

Reaction score
bills 340 stroker 416 or 418 I thought? was realey a 420. right off trailer I was having trouble with a miss, it would make 1 backfire on 1 cyl . new plugs but I made a mistake and had bills mech. do left bank that was the prob,but under full throttle it was alright. so we made first 2 runs, bill hasn't raced in 15 yrs, he couldn't come close to me. so I told him to have a friend that drives my car, time to time make a pass with it . he went same et as me but 3 mph faster so. we made the final and desiding run of night , my car is a 20 over 360, but it is a beast out of the gate, I left with a .032 light to his .154 by the time my car went into 2nd you could put 3 cars between us. on top end he was catching me but nut quit enough . the 360 eat the stroker. O to bad!!! We both were runing about 2 tenths slow tonight on that last run I went a 7.24 and he went 7.15, but the 360 beast got to the finish line first. so you guys with the 360's work on start and if you put it togeather you will beat them. after we raced I find out the stroker is running a powerglide would that make it a chevadart or a beladart. I say run all mopar and get there first!!!:toothy7:

Good job! 7.15 translates to an 11.2 quarter mile.
What is your build?

:cheers:I bought car about 6 mo. ago the mans widow did'nt know a lot about car except that the engine is 20 over 360 with around 13.0 pistons, J heads with 202 int, a roller cam did'nt know specs, it was clearanced and balanced,edelbrock air gap with 750 proform , complete msd 6al with dist&coil, Hooker 1.7/8 headers with extensions. 904 with4800/5200 stall conv.,manual rerver valve body, 488,8.3/4 rear racing leaf spring moved in and a adjustible snubber. I haven't had to take a valve cover off yet. I noticed it missed a little last night and I lost about 2 tenths and about 3 mph? put new plugs in before race could I've cracked one , my friend was a little disapointed he lost to my 360, he thought his 420 could just walk away from me, but he was happy after race just to see his car go as fast as it did. so he said he would like do do it again next Sat. and at the end of night I ran in pro/super pro I was running .03 and .04 lights all knight till secound round and it happened BIG RED LIGHT. BILL had my friend Kirt drive his car in street brkt he made to 4th round lost by .003. next week I try to get Bill to run same brkt as me hopefouley he will have enough rounds under his belt to drive his own car.

Flboatman sounds like a riot what track are you running at ,it sounds like you have a well built car for a 360 i know a guy that had similar setup but with w2 heads ,he was running low 10`s at moroso his name is mike Toot he drove a70 dart ,sounds like you have the better set up.

flboatman1: Good job, but now the other guy knows what it will take to beat you. lol What about that drifting thing? Did your car track straight?

:wav:
flboatman1: Good job, but now the other guy knows what it will take to beat you. lol What about that drifting thing? Did your car track straight?
The 1st run left pres the same 8lbs both sides it vered to rt, sec. run added 2lbs to left it helped 50% but had some sway on top end. now I was match racing and still experimenting with tire pres. but that was all right . So far, I wone the 1st 2 rounds of the match race, on the 3rd run I had to run a equal driver,Kirt! He has always had the edge on me being he is 20 years younger, so I went deep inside, back to my old super comp days in my funney car , and went up and watched the lights and then went back and hit the tree with a .031 you could put 3 cars between us at the 60ft. thank god . the stroker could'nt make up the diff. on that run I was swaying all through 3rd gear so before 1st round of pro/super/pro I added 2lbs to tires 10 in rt/12 in left. hit the tree with a 0.034 car went straight the other guy poped a red lt. so I let off. the next round opps red on my side. I need a little advise on what to do to get the car to pull harder in top end. Thanks Gary

Flboatman sounds like a riot what track are you running at ,it sounds like you have a well built car for a 360 i know a guy that had similar setup but with w2 heads ,he was running low 10`s at moroso his name is mike Toot he drove a70 dart ,sounds like you have the better set up.
lakeland motosports park off I /4 and Hy 33 in Lakeland Fl.

I know Mike, moved up here practically around the corner from me. The "No Delay" Dart. Used to be a W5 headed engine. When I was building mine he was the only guy I knew that was running them and was even remotely close to me. He was racing mainly in WPB at Moroso then.

So you're a Florida guy too. We should start a thread about us FL guys and see who all is here. We could probably get together sometime.

Hey flboatman I race mainly at Speedworld in Orlando but have been to Lakeland before, just not lately.

You should come up next Saturday. I won't be driving my car but I will be racing a chebby powered altered. Sometimes a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. :)

I know Mike, moved up here practically around the corner from me. The "No Delay" Dart. Used to be a W5 headed engine. When I was building mine he was the only guy I knew that was running them and was even remotely close to me. He was racing mainly in WPB at Moroso then.

So you're a Florida guy too. We should start a thread about us FL guys and see who all is here. We could probably get together sometime.

Hey flboatman I race mainly at Speedworld in Orlando but have been to Lakeland before, just not lately.

You should come up next Saturday. I won't be driving my car but I will be racing a chebby powered altered. Sometimes a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. :)
hey Guitar Jones we might find there is a lot of guys here in fl. Sat Night there was eight or nine of us racing at Lakeland. I don't know if I can make it OSW on sat. I would love to but the extra 50 miles kills me. Bill the guy with the other yellow dart want's me to race him again next sat at LMSP. hey Guitar how can I gain a little mo power in top end . thanks Gary:rock: Ps I'm a old ax player

THE THREAD I STARTED IT LETS GO!!!

-
Back