Outer bumper brackets

-

geminimotors

Reaction score
Can someone enlighten me on outer bumper brackets/insulators?
My 65 Bcuda has rubber insulators between the bumper ends and rear quarter that should fasten to the quarter panel. There’s no mounting holes in the bumper at this location.
I bought another rear bumper in a parts lot that looks identical with the exception being small S shaped brackets that fasten to the bumper ends w carriage bolts, and threaded to accept small bolts from inside the rear quarter.
Im curious- Is there a difference between Valiant/Bcuda? A difference between 64/65?

The rubber bumper fill protectors screw to the under side of the tail light area, not to the bumper. The S shaped brackets help support the ends of the front and rear bumpers. All the same, 63 through 65.

Mopar A Body 63-65 Barracuda Valiant Rear Bumper to Body Protector Filler

ABA6366BP01_2000_63_66_BARRACUDA_VALIANT_REAR_BUMPER_FILLER_PROTECTOR__54077.1542554264.jpg

106-1267-s.jpg

Darts may all be the same as 65Cuda340 says. Recently purchased a '63 V200 (in parts car section) and was surprised to find the rubber bumpers you refer to and NO provision for end mounted "S" brackets. So some differences do exist between thin bumpered Darts and Valiants and maybe between some years of the same models.

Last edited:
I’m thinking the bumper is for a different car. Theres a slight peak in the center, the brackets and the license plate relief are different. I’ll post pics- maybe someone can ID it.

Grrrr. . . . Sometimes I need to double check my own cars to refresh my memory before posting.

The 67-69 Barracudas have the small curved brackets as end supports for the front AND rear bumpers (which are the same, by the way).

The 63-65 Valiants and 64-65 Baracudas only have the small suport brackets up front. In back is a bumper cushion that bolts to the rear quarter, behind the bumper outer ends. There is no attachment to the bumper for this cushion. And no hole for a bumper bolt on the outer end of the bumper, as shown on the left side of post #3.

MA1845.jpg

The bumper on the right in your post #3 looks like a 67-9 bumper to me.

c631-frontdetail-remote.jpg

Part # on the bumper brackets corresponds to 67-69 Barracuda. Will be posting it for sale.

The 63-65 Valiants and 64-65 Baracudas only have the small suport brackets up front. In back is a bumper cushion that bolts to the rear quarter, behind the bumper outer ends. There is no attachment to the bumper for this cushion. And no hole for a bumper bolt on the outer end of the bumper, as shown on the left side of post #3.
Is there a source for the funky shoulder bolt that holds these to the body, and the captive nuts? For now I plan to use a standard 1/4" bolt with a bushing & a couple of washers

-
Back