Outer tie rod installation -solved

-

Sdriche

Reaction score
I'm replacing my outer tie rod ends with Moog ES319R which rockauto lists as the correct part (no L or R indicator so I assumed it was good for both sides. The old one came off easy with a reverse thread (screw in to remove). The new one seems to be the opposite thread. I feel like I'm going to strip it if I continue to screw in. Am i missing something? It possible the new ones go in opposite?

I'm replacing my outer tie rod ends with Moog ES319R which rockauto lists as the correct part (no L or R indicator so I assumed it was good for both sides. The old one came off easy with a reverse thread (screw in to remove). The new one seems to be the opposite thread. I feel like I'm going to strip it if I continue to screw in. Am i missing something? It possible the new ones go in opposite?
You need the ES319L. The tie rod assemblies have one right hand thread and one left hand thread tie rod end with the sleeve. Doesn't really matter which one is used as an inner or outer although it is helpful to keep the direction of adjustment the same between left and right side assemblies.

Keep track of which one is which so you know which way to turn the sleeve when you align it. I do LH inner, RH outer

Keep track of which one is which so you know which way to turn the sleeve when you align it. I do LH inner, RH outer
I do the left side (driver) RH outer/LH inner in the opposite on the right side (passenger) for ease in adjusting.

-
Back