over heating issues

-

robert 68 cuda

Reaction score
well guys i have a over heating problem i bought a new northern rad part number209691 im running a meziere electric water pump 42gpm no thermostat. have tryed restrictors, and still over heats like a mother :angry4: any ideas its a 426 smallblock . its running 220 and higher timming set 34 full in is there a way to calculate rad size to hp. and it has a 3000 cfm electrice fan. and the rad is a triple buy pass system any6 help would be great>disgust

well guys i have a over heating problem i bought a new northern rad part number209691 im running a meziere electric water pump 42gpm no thermostat. have tryed restrictors, and still over heats like a mother :angry4: any ideas its a 426 smallblock . its running 220 and higher timming set 34 full in is there a way to calculate rad size to hp. and it has a 3000 cfm electrice fan. and the rad is a triple buy pass system any6 help would be great>disgust
One thing to check is the upper radiator hose. My mild racecar was running too hot. I am also running electric pump motor on stock pump, and no thermostat. The hoses were new, no leaks, etc. Then we noticed after a pass that the top hose was collapsed! Went to NAPA and picked up a wire insert for hose, no more issues.
Chuck.

You should at least have a 180 degree thermostat, this will give the coolant sometime to cool. Check out the fans buy Be-Cool 75007. Also a higher pressure cap works. They work for my 440.

-
Back