Overdrive solution?

-
I've been a Mopar fan since the 50's owed a few still have two 71 Dusters, had a couple of Fords & Chevys. Thing that gets me is how one guy puts down another guys car or car parts. Seems if the parts came out of the Mopar factory plant thens it's considered Genuine Mopar Parts. This is where if gets funny. Do the research not all auto manufacture make their own parts, Diehard Mopar guys will buy Kesiler auto ID trannys which is basically a GM 700R but would rather cut off a Left Nut than use a Wicap adapter to install a 700R and save some buck$ using adapters and a GM trans
Makes me wonder who's right

I've been a Mopar fan since the 50's owed a few still have two 71 Dusters, had a couple of Fords & Chevys. Thing that gets me is how one guy puts down another guys car or car parts. Seems if the parts came out of the Mopar factory plant thens it's considered Genuine Mopar Parts. This is where if gets funny. Do the research not all auto manufacture make their own parts, Diehard Mopar guys will buy Kesiler auto ID trannys which is basically a GM 700R but would rather cut off a Left Nut than use a Wicap adapter to install a 700R and save some buck$ using adapters and a GM trans
Makes me wonder who's right

Well you point is valid, but there is a key difference between the 700r4 and the 4l60e(which kiesler uses), and thats that the 4l60e is narrower at a point were it counts.

If you look at the 700r4 swap site you can see that the 700r4 has that large circular cover right at the tailshaft. That cover is right at the crossmember. The later 4l60e's don't have this which is why keisler can advertise "no cutting".

I was ready to get a wilcap adapter and 4l60e, but i cant seem to find a straight answer as to whethe the transgo tf3 kit would allow me to ditch the stock electronics and go full manual.

-
Back