Overdrive transmission

-
That's why I asked about length of the GM trans. If it's shorter overall that would make up for the length difference between the GM and the Mopar trans.
I thought the 200 series GM trans was the weak noodle one that couldn't take much power, thought you had to get into the 700 series or a 4L series to get some beef
I believe I've seen 2004R's with a 1000 hp rating. I think you just have to put the good stuff inside. Extreme Automatics 2004R complete units and performance parts.

The Wilcap adapter is not an ugly piece at all. The poster must be thinking about another one. Here are two photos of my adapter. The kit comes with everything you need to bolt a 200-4R to the 340. And there is nothing at all to cut from the engine block or the trans. I am totally satisfied.

20171008_121007.jpg

20180803_132650.jpg

That's why I asked about length of the GM trans. If it's shorter overall that would make up for the length difference between the GM and the Mopar trans.
I thought the 200 series GM trans was the weak noodle one that couldn't take much power, thought you had to get into the 700 series or a 4L series to get some beef
In not up on 200 series GM tranny's. The only direct experience I have with some sort of "200 something" trans was in a 81 olds Cutlass wagon my parents bought years ago. It was originally a diesel car that some previous owner swapped in a gas (Olds) 350 into. Bolted up the gas engine to the car's original trans. I dunno how long the PO drove it after the motor swap, dad bought it from a used car lot. But we didn't have it long and that car smokes that 200-whatever. I replaced that with a regular turbo 350. And my mom, she drove in the way that pisses most of us, here off... Cannot go faster than 5-10 under posted speed etc. very easy on cars... Other than many "short trips". That trans was completely JUNK.

-
Back