Overheating

-

treetrimmer12

Reaction score
I got my car back from a "performance" shop after they installed my built 360 in my 1967 2 door Valiant. They said the motor overheated during their engine run and were forced to stop engine testing. While attempting to save money I wanted to use the orginal radiator (three electric fans) so I had the radiator tested and the drain plug relocated. I installed a 67 water pump to match the radiator. Does a 360 water pump turn in the same direction as a 273?

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 223
I doubt it's the waterpump. More likely they didn't have enough airflow while they were running it up, assuming the car was parked when they were doing the tuning.

Did they have a big fan in front of the car during testing?

I had a simular problem once with the same style pump. It was a defect and had a inpeller on it from a newer pump for a serpentine system. It still flowed in the correct direction but the flow was weak. It took some time to find it by mistake while checking the cam timing. There was another pump laying here and noticed the difference.

Don't know about them using an external fan. I'll simply have to wait until after I get the exhaust installed then I can troubleshoot the overheating problem but thanks for the response.

-
Back