Oversized front and rear windows?

-

elementaltoad

Reaction score
I have been looking into oversized windows for my Scamp after I pulled all the trim off. I was never a fan of the large trim around them since they just seem to collect debris and cause rust.

Does anyone know if these are made or where they could be purchased? I saw that Optic Armor seems to make them for the Dart, which I believe should fit without issue since they are the same chassis correct?

Oversized replacement windows for Dodge Duster, Demon, Dart 1970 to 1976 | Optic Armor Windows

Has anyone gone the polycarbonate route? How do you like them compared to glass?

I would be leery since it says " duster, demon, dart" that could be implying dart sport which is a different body

Looking at the website it looks like oversized means thicker glass options. I'm not sure if that would solve your trim problem really. Which trim did you remove?

poly-carbonate (plexiglass) ant good for windshields to brittle and will crack and bust with pressure from the wind,..lexan is what you need,what every body else uses...good luck

Sorry they are Lexan, and they are oversized by 1" on the perimeter.

I removed the chrome/stainless trim from the windshield, rear window, and drip rails. I found tons of dirt, leaves, and mud caked into the backside of the trim and in the channels around the window. Plenty of rust to deal with now. I would like to eliminate the having to reinstall the trim, and would prefer the more modern trimless/flush install look. It looks like the windows are sized so that reinstalling the stock glass leaves a channel for the trim to install in, it looks pretty tacky without the trim at least on the windshield. The rear window looks pretty normal without the trim.

15380638_1242721172454843_5239580998147003773_n.jpg

15356603_1242721175788176_1642688170951894967_n.jpg

-
Back