oversized valves

-

slantscamp

Reaction score
where do you guys get your oversized valves for the slant six. SI? or the ones on ebay. i dont have an ebay account so i would rather deal with someone i can just order from rather than setting up an ebay account. or even a local place where i can purchase them. thanks.

Aaron, maybe another quick call to Doug (Dutra) may be in order. You may want to bundle up your questions if you have several.

haha thanks. i have been meaning to talk to him. i was going to see if he would want my stock exhaust manifold. i figured he could use it. and he has a stock radio that i want hehe.

I have a feeling that he may have a few spares lying around but you never know. BTW: If you have his number handy, could you send it my way?

i dont know what that size comes out to. the ones i have seen lister are 1.70 and 1.44. ben i think i have dougs number. i will have to check my pm's at slant six.org then i can pm it to you.

I hang at the /6.org and I have never heard a bad thing about the ebay valves from enginebuilder. Best bang for the buck from what I hear.

I have a ported head, SI oversize slant 6 valves, correct Mopar Performance 340 springs,retainers,valve locks. All parts brand new, in their package. Everything to build a killer /6 head.
If you are really interested, I would need to figure out what I have in the parts and head, and make you a package deal.
Pics available.
Let me know.
John

faucet pics 249.jpg

hello,
if you do'nt want to go the e-bay way, you can contact Ted Stanwood (engnbldr) on this email address:

mailto:[email protected]

phone is: " Our office number is 503-257-7947 weekdays 9/4 west
coast USA time."
I am sure he will deal with you direct,as he does "buy it now" sales on ebay,and direct really is the same.
I am pretty happy with my valves that I got from him.

regards,Rod.:-D

Here it is.
Still have to figure out how much I have into it. Everything is here, all you would need to do is a valve job for the oversize valves, and shave the head for some compression. Forgot, I also have the viton valve seals for it. Head was professionally ported by Brown enterprises.

faucet pics 404.jpg

faucet pics 405.jpg

faucet pics 407.jpg

faucet pics 406.jpg

I e-mailed Doug about a pair of his exhaust manifolds but never herd back from him, If there is a phone number I sure would like to ask about his stock and price on a pair.

memike. i ended up getting a hold of him through slantsix.org someone started a thread on there. something like "how can i get a set of dutra duals" he replied to it. if you arnt a member on that site i would suggest joining it. there is alot of good info, and you can get a hold of him there.

I agree with slantscamp, slantsix.org is another great place to get information. And they've got a few good group buy deals as well. Trying to get one worked out with Offenhauser right now.

-
Back