P8 code on a PT Cruiser radio??

-

Popdart

Reaction score
Ok, you guys just helped me yesterday on error codes on my Dodge RAM and I thank you much. On my way to get a couple of O2 sensors today. But when the wife and I went to dinner last night, I didn't want to drive the RAM, so we took her little 2007 PT Cruiser to dinner. I look down at the radio, and here is "P8" showing up on the radio display! I was thinking WTH is Chrysler displaying engine codes on the radio display?? That didn't seem likely, plus I can't find a "P8" for an error code anyway. If it is a malfunction in the radio, has anyone else seen this?? Thanks, Rog

Check the 03 PT FSM I have and there was no mention of codes for the radio but it did mention that audio malfunctions could be diagnosed with the DRB tool so it sounds like the radio ties into the computer system.

Power train diagnostic codes for the PT are displayed in the dash after three key on cycles.

Check the 03 PT FSM I have and there was no mention of codes for the radio but it did mention that audio malfunctions could be diagnosed with the DRB tool so it sounds like the radio ties into the computer system.

Power train diagnostic codes for the PT are displayed in the dash after three key on cycles.
When I get a chance I will run the regular codes on the dash to make sure there is nothing there. The radio works fine, but the wife did mention it seemed warm/hot to the touch on the face . . . I guess this needs more looking into . . . thanks again guy . . .

Mystery solved . . . . the "P8" I'm most likely or "Preset #8" . . . . I pushed some of the other "memory stations" buttons and it appropriately changed to P2 or P5 or whatever . . . dumb me, easy fix . . . ran the error codes and nothing showing . . . thanks for bearing with me and stop laffing!! :banghead:

-
Back