Package Tray

-

plumkrazee70

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am fixing to make my own package tray for the 70 swinger. (The PO glued down foam and carpet) Unfortunately since the old tray isn't there, I don't have anything to reference for a template.

Does anyone have a template laying around for ones they have made? I'd be willing to purchase it from you.

Thanks!

Michael

How about making your own with a piece of cardboard. Once you are happy with the fit, use it for a template.

Just a thought.

How about making your own with a piece of cardboard. Once you are happy with the fit, use it for a template.

Just a thought.

This is what I will be doing soon, as it is the only reasonable way I can think of to get it done.

Cardboard might be better, IMO, because it will match the thickness of the material you intend to use a bit better.

A little tip that I have used in the past.

When you get to the tighter curved areas and you realize you have taken too much leaving a gap, take a smaller piece and make it fit the curve, hold it over the piece you took too much off of, while in place on the tray, and trace the inside cut to the larger piece.

Remove the piece by cutting on the traced line and tape the smaller piece in place. This will keep you sane, and you won't be starting over 50 times.

I hope this makes sense.

Cardboard might be better, IMO, because it will match the thickness of the material you intend to use a bit better.

A little tip that I have used in the past.

When you get to the tighter curved areas and you realize you have taken too much leaving a gap, take a smaller piece and make it fit the curve, hold it over the piece you took too much off of, while in place on the tray, and trace the inside cut to the larger piece.

Remove the piece by cutting on the traced line and tape the smaller piece in place. This will keep you sane, and you won't be starting over 50 times.

I hope this makes sense.

It does.

Thank you for the tip! I believe I have some cardboard laying around. Going to attempt, this weekend. Will report back.

Why not buy a new one, they are not that expensive. I bought one from Dante at Carlisle a few years back and paid around 48 dollars for the package tray and trunk divider.
Howard

Why not buy a new one, they are not that expensive. I bought one from Dante at Carlisle a few years back and paid around 48 dollars for the package tray and trunk divider.
Howard

I already have the vinyl. I bought it years ago. I checked his website and they are $32+ shipping. I'd be into it for way less than that, making it myself.

I tried my best to make a template this weekend, but it just wasn't working out. Going to place want ad.

-
Back