Paint and body help

-

Jarret340

Reaction score
I got a 71 duster ,i dont have much time on my hands with work and my 10 month old daughter. so as of now i have stripped my car all way down to bare metal ,cause it needed it , and sprayed some rattle can over metal to seal it until i can afford next steps. so my question is what is the best route to take with priming and doing the body work if it might take me awhile to do it?? ive heard epoxy dtm then body work on top of that which i think sounds good but then i heard you got to get that epoxy sealed up quickly and i wont be able to . thanks in advance guys. open to any suggestions

I got a 71 duster ,i dont have much time on my hands with work and my 10 month old daughter. so as of now i have stripped my car all way down to bare metal ,cause it needed it , and sprayed some rattle can over metal to seal it until i can afford next steps. so my question is what is the best route to take with priming and doing the body work if it might take me awhile to do it?? ive heard epoxy dtm then body work on top of that which i think sounds good but then i heard you got to get that epoxy sealed up quickly and i wont be able to . thanks in advance guys. open to any suggestions

Seal up the body with 2-3 coats of a good epoxie DTM primer. Then scuff the area good where you will be doing your body work with 80 grit, then re-prime when finished. You don't have to rush to seal up the epoxie.

-
Back