Paint Codes

-
Try a search. 1964 Plymouth paint codes. Or whatever make, model, year car you have. Hope this helps.

I found a list of paint codes for 1964 Plymouths, but I want to find out what color my car was originally painted. I'm not sure if it was Medium Blue or Medium Turquoise. I don't have or can't find the fender tag (if there was one in 64) and there is nothing in the door jams. The VIN doesn't help either. I tried to find a place where the paint wouldn't be faded (behind the headlamp, for example), but it doesn't really match any of the paint chips that I have. I'm kind of at a loss and I want to order paint pretty soon.

Yes they had fender tags in 64. You need to get the build card from Chrysler historical services it costs $45 and can be obtained for 67 and earlier cars. Otherwise remove the door weatherstrip going along the roof beltline and then the chrome retaining trim a few should allow you to get a good look at the color. There should be real nice original paint in that area. This area is almost never been painted on since factory.

if you have no luck there it's a lotta trouble but under the windshield seal is always a nice place to find a nice shiney spot of original paint.

Screw it. It's just going to be Turquoise. My girlfriend likes that color better anyway. LOL. Thanks everyone.

If you still want to find out the original color.
Look for the build sheet for your car under the bottom of your back seat or the front seat if the seats are original. Be careful they can be fragile after all these years. I believe the code is on the first line of the build sheet.
Oh! If the front seat has a removable back panel it may be under that.

-
Back