Paint combo

-

MTmopars

Reaction score
Well, Monday is THE big day. My 68 is getting paint. Colors will be Plum Crazy, Opal Gray, and Sublime Green.

The purple will be from body line down, gray up top, and the green is a stripe between the two starting at 1/4" up front to 3/4" at the rear. There will be 1/16" black pin around the green. The trunk panel will have 1/4" black pin framing sublime filling the entire space between trim. I sure hope they look good together. The painter did part of the trunk and front fender to give a rough idea.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 358
Thanks. When you say the color combo it makes you cringe a little, but when you see it. Well, for me at least. I think the green will make the two main colors pop.

Well, Monday is THE big day. My 68 is getting paint. Colors will be Plum Crazy, Opal Gray, and Sublime Green.

The purple will be from body line down, gray up top, and the green is a stripe between the two starting at 1/4" up front to 3/4" at the rear. There will be 1/16" black pin around the green. The trunk panel will have 1/4" black pin framing sublime filling the entire space between trim. I sure hope they look good together. The painter did part of the trunk and front fender to give a rough idea.

Nice! Time to break the boredom. I like, and then some.....

Nice silver metallic divider stripe ties that together tastefully^^^^…

We had a down turn in the weather and the painter is waiting for it to warm back into the teens, up from -28. It was so cold he couldn't get his shop above 68. Sorry. I'm disappointed but want it done right.

1479406_10201669035980827_53393264_n.jpg

My father and I did the body work. I have never painted, and he can't paint anymore. We let the painter do final sand. It is looking amazing.

An interesting color combination I probably wouldn't have thought of.
It looks Good! I like the wheels with it too!
Should look even better when you get it all reassembled.

-
Back