paint cure time?

-

7duster4

Reaction score
Exactly how long does it take for fresh paint to cure? My duster is suppposed to get painted this weekened and I would like to get the stripes on before the nats. I am leaving the 8th of august. The stripes are vinyle that are the 73-74 style. Thanks for everyones feeeback.

is the car gonna be sanded and buffed before the stripes are put on?if not,the texture from the paint will show through the stripes,and you wont be able to do anything about then.Also,if its cured out enough to sand and buff,its good enough to put the stripes on.I usually color sand the paint for buffing the day after painting,and sometimes start buffing the day after that.

tonys right. here at the shop cars get sanded and buffed after being out of the booth a few hours. we use chemicals to dry the paint. what paint will he be shooting down? but for it to be completely cured enough to put wax on. it takes roughly 6 weeks for the paint to breathe out ..leave it closed down in your garage the day you get it back from paint.. walkin early in the morning. you will be high as a kite after 10 minutes lol.

We will probably be buffing/wet sanding it the next couple days or so after paint. The bascoat is shopline and the clearcoat is PPG DCU-2002. Im not worrying about wax right now. I just want to get the stripes and everything else on in time for the mopar nats so it can look as best as it can. Thanks!

-
Back