Paint help for 70/71 dart grille

-

northeastmopar

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have a nice center section I bought. The grille is made of black plastic. The back and all of the black which shows in front is just left the natural glossy black plastic. I also have the two headlight bezels and they need to be worked. They also are gloss black plastic, but somebody sprayed the front with a flat black spray paint where the black is. I need to remove all the paint on the front and just leave the batural gloss black and then mask and paint the silver. Has anybody done these grilles with great success? How can I strip the paint without destroying the plastic?
What is the best paint to use for the silver that will stand up well. And also, is the black on these grilles suppose to be just the raw glossy black as my center section is?

not to hijack the thread but I need the same info on my 1974 grille is the 70-72 grilles the same silver as the foward years?

Is it a 70 or a 71 grill? There is a lot of info on this do a search you will find a bunch of threads.

I have an NOS in the package 70 front lamp cover. It is made from black plastic and the front ribs are all silver with black background. I see somebody on here that repainted their grille and made all the ribs black??? I am confused????

70 grills have silver ribs. 71 grills have black ribs. I used rattle can black and some aluminium engin paint on mine. It is a 70 Dart but I like the 71 grill better so I painted it with the ribs black. Helps give the grill some depth.

-
Back