Paint help What preasure

-

cuda guy

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I will spraying my Demon this weekend, well theengine conpartment with primer. I will be using the Duplicolor primer and the new candy orange.

My first question is what preasure do I use for the best results with primer. I will be using a bottom feed gun. What peasure do I use for a siyphon feed for the color.

My next question is what is the best grit of sandpaper to use on the primer.

And the last question what is the best way to clean my guns.

I ask these questions becouse this is my first paint job in over 20 years and buddy who use to help me had a bad stroke and has forgotten what to do.

Any help or direction would be greatly apprecisted.

From the great white north.

Rick

Hey Rick, what product line are you using? Most products will give you a tech sheet. These tech sheets are great info for a beginner. They usually list the suggested pressure for each product such as primers, paints, clears. I have been doing it for so long I usually just listen and adjust by ear though. If you are sure you don't need to re prime any area's and are just going to paint you should use a sandpaper that is also suggested in the tech sheets for your next product. A good place to start though would be around a 400 grit. If you are going to reprime I would use a 180-220 grit as the filler primer will fill those sand scratches. A good way to clean your guns is take a new oil drain pan that has a lid and fill it with laquer thinner, then you can take the gun apart and clean it inside.

-
Back