Paint mega-disaster (long rant)

-
Finally got paint on body shell. Should be home in a couple weeks. Remainder of bolt-on stuff is almost finished.
quarter_painted_10-11-08.jpg

roof_painted_10-11-08.jpg

Looks beautiful. Glad it's working out for you. 3 months since they shot the underside and inside though... Wow!!

Makes me not feel so bad about how long mine is taking me to do myself;)

3 months since they shot the underside and inside though... Wow!!

Makes me not feel so bad about how long mine is taking me to do myself;)

Yeah, 3 months, was getting ready to pull it out again. That lit a fire so he got back to work. Bodymen are a different breed!

Hey, wait a minute, how come all you guys are telling 396Signet to hire a lawyer? What about all those threads you've posted, saying lawyers are scumbags?? Certainly you don't want 396Signet to hire one of those guys, do you?? No way!! I think the better course is for him to just forget about the money he lost and finish the job himself. That would be highly preferable to hiring one of those scumbag lawyers and recovering the money. You just don't want to lower yourself to associating with such terrible examples of humanity, right?? I mean, like you've said in your numerous, numerous posts!!

Yes, I just wanted to remind you guys about all your previous posts, in which you said that people should avoid lawyers like the plague. I think you were inadvertently being hypocrites in your answers to 396Signet. OF COURSE, I KNOW you guys aren't hypocrites, right? It must have just been an accident. I mean, you aren't like these freakin' hypocrites who complain and complain about lawyers, and then as soon as they get themselves in a legal jam or get a hangnail, go out and hire one, ARE YOU??

Well..... when you are dealing with scumbags..... You kinda need someone that knows how they operate and plays by the same rules..... :snakeman:

It just never ceases to amaze me how a bunch of fuckin' hypocrites will call lawyers "scumbags" all day and then go running to a lawyer as soon as they get a big turd impacted in their ***.

Finally got paint on body shell. Should be home in a couple weeks. Remainder of bolt-on stuff is almost finished.

What color is that? That looks like the newer Chrysler Midnight Blue Pearl...Am I close??

That is what color my Valiant is going to be eventually...

It is looking good. I'm happy you seem to have found some piece with the amount of money you have spent on your car.
Not to rub salt in anyones wounds but why are you guys taking your restos to collision shops? You don't go to a dentist for a eye exam do you? They both have the title of Dr. though.
I operate a auto body restoration shop that would occasionally do a colision job for my restoration customer. I don't even get into upostery or engines, there are people who do that. I concentrate on what I do best, body and paint.
I did a Superbird a couple years ago for right around $23,000.00 If you go to www.carsofcomfrey.com I have some pics of it. Your Signet should have cost under $10,000.00 to do the body and paint if you were assembling it yourself.
Who knows, maybe I am too cheap and am screwing myself but I have a half year of backlog and can sleep at night.
Anyone have a clean A-body they want painted for $30,000. If you insist I can live with it :-D
Hope the assembly goes smooth for you! I say that is the most stressfull part of a resto. Trying to get that (name the piece) on without chipping or scratching anything.

in the event you decide to advertise the poor service you have recieved. just remember to only view your personal expierence. also cunsult a Lawer so he can tell you what you can say in that statment.this way you don't get sued by the shop. that would suck. no sence in giving him more $$$$.good luck

Damn thats looking fine top quality, too bad you had to go though all this though, atleast you got the expense resolved some what. Congrats on a beautiful paint job!

-
Back