Paint question

-

bamacuda

Reaction score
For all you guys who know paint/body work: Speak up!

I have a 65 barracuda that is painted silver, I have not done the wet sand and buff yet. In one of my crazy moments, I decided to black out. Problem is that I blacked out inside the headlight buckets the and area behind the grill with rattle can semi flat black (why, I don't know) and the black will show in the area beside the headlight next to the hood (supposed to be body color). I want to remove it and go back silver.
Question: What is the best way to remove it?
1) with thinner?
2) wet sand till silver shows?
3) other advice???

I do no want to have to repaint, HELP!!!

David

If you need to remove the black and the paint is still fresh try useing a soaked rag with reducer. its going to be messy.. If its been painted a while you might as well scuff it and re shoot it.

As long as your c/c has cured for 90 days i would use laquer thinner. Should just wipe off. I would scuff with red scotchbrite and base it.

the silver was base/clear and has been twice baked (once at the paint shop and once while in an enclosed trailer all last summer) The semi flat was supposed to be the behind the grill black out and I masked off around the headlight bowls too. I'll try to remove with lacquer thinner first. Thanks

-
Back