Paint shop bound

-

jim

Reaction score
My number finally came up at the paint shop. Hopefully I can get my car back soon. There in a correctional institute nearby that does great paint and body work. They did a great job on my friends Vet.The instructor has a great reputation. The best part is the cost is materials only. May take a couple of months but they do it right and it is for training.

2007_0420mother0037.JPG

2007_0420mother0038.JPG

2007_0420mother0036.JPG

I saw a show about that a few years ago, a correctional centre that had a world class restoration shop. The inmates consider it a huge privelidge to work there and are going to have a career when they get out. They show more pride in their work than the average guy that's for sure! I look forward to the pics :thumbup:

Got a call from the teacher at the corectional instutuition saying some offical had a problem with work going on with cars that did not belong to the state or prison employees. I was told to pick up my car unfinished . All that was not finished was painting of the doors,fenders, trunk lid and front header panel. I talked to the instructor and he said there is a power struggle between some people. He is trying to resolve the problem and hopes I can bring my car back in about another week or he will come to my shop and finish painting my car.

2007_0911picsnew0042.JPG

2007_0911picsnew0043.JPG

Now that had to hurt!!!!.....having the restored........with hopes that it won't be long before you get her back........then find out that it gets pulled out because of some 'butt'. I hope it works out to get them to finish the work. It looks really great!!
Greg.......mtn_jake

It looks like they did a great job on the parts that are painted!!

It's a metallic isn't? When shooting a metallic, everything should be painted in the same day.... the slightest change in compressor air pressure, compressed air quality (moisture, oil, filters), different can of paint, spray gun, etc. can make the parts that were painted later a slightly different color. I hope it all works out though.

-
Back