Painted first Body Panel

-

jhdeval

Reaction score
I just want to toot my own horn. I have been VERY worried and a little scared to paint my own car well today I finished sanding my Lower valance and I sprayed epoxy primer. It isn't perfect and may need some touch up but overall it was not as hard as I was thinking.

I want to say anyone worried about doing this themselves don't be. It is not as hard as you may think. I can say be attentive and you will get decent results.

I will post a picture tomorrow after it dries.

My 12 year old girl can spray glass with my Sata LoL. That is as long as I set it. Your paint job is only as good as your gun and prep.

Congrats!!

Good job, nice thing with paint, if it isn't good, just sand it down, paint again.

It's a process just like everything else.

Detail takes time. I just finished a 74 Lincoln Mark IV door.

60 hours to perfect every inch of this door. Primed and blocked 7 times.

And I wasn't even fixing a dent. I was fixing improper sanding that left a flat spot causing a very slight distortion in the reflection.

But when you have an otherwise flawless black car cut absolutely flat, one incredibly small distortion stands out like a big red flag on a 5 1/2 foot door.

This is why real show quality paint and body costs $40,000+. That's $2,100 labor on this door and it's not even painted yet.

Corian sanding blocks don't lie. (Yes, I'm talking about the hard, flat, countertop material)

Are you going over the epoxy with another primer? Don't lose track of your window!

Yes but I have been told when I am ready to high build I can scuff the surface and prime. I am not ready financially for anything final but I need to get some protection on. I am missing to much paint.

-
Back