Painters help

-

twayne24365

Reaction score
So this weekend we sanded down the coronet, got all the bodywork done and primed then sealed, so the car has sat in the garage for a day, but mu question is do i have to sand the sealer with say 600 or 1000 before paint?

Sealer has a window of time when it can top coated. You need to read your manufacturers info.

It will tell you what you need to do.

Sanded te sealer with 600 and shot 2 coats of duplicolor jet black, up next the matte clear coat, ill post pics when its dry

Well it wint be till tomorrow, put 3 coats of color on and the ol garage psint booth let me down, it got some dirt specs in it and i think the pressure on my gun got a little too high and left like overspray drops on it, so tomorrow wet sand with 1500 then clear it, here it is with 3 coats of jet black lacqure

Attachments

• image.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 136
Well learned the hard way that lacquer over a urethane type primer shrinks to hell and doesnt work lol, so dad got pissed and we sanded it all back down, he has decided to now use acrylic enamel, now the car is sanded down pretty well but there is still some lacquer in spots, is there a type of primer or sealer that should be sprayed on the car before the acrylic enamel?

-
Back