painting bumpers

-
I don't like can-o-chrome bumpers either, but better than no headers and an old buster ax handle for a shifter. As we say over at ShadeTree Racing and Choppers, "Chrome don't get ya' home, but it sure looks pretty sittin' along side of the road". Think about flat blacking them, ya know "work in progress", or "I'm thinkin' about going with the fiberglass look".

i think flat black or silver for that lowbudget fiberglass look is fine. The chrome on my ´69 dart bumpers isn´t in good condition but i can´t buy new ones or rechrome theme because i´m located in germany and rechroming is out of budget. Thinking of powdercoating them flat black, costs me 40.00 usd each.

i think flat black or silver for that lowbudget fiberglass look is fine. The chrome on my ´69 dart bumpers isn´t in good condition but i can´t buy new ones or rechrome theme because i´m located in germany and rechroming is out of budget. Thinking of powdercoating them flat black, costs me 40.00 usd each.
Years ago I used Zeppelin Baumachinen in Erlangen to re-chrome lift cylinders for a Caterpillar bulldozer. Don't know if you're located close to Nurnburg, but a baumachin handlung may be able to steer you towards someone who can do chrome without charging an arm or a leg. Viel Spass.

Likewise possibly a Caterpillar dealer in your part of Canada can make a similar recommendation.

Personally, I don't like painted bumpers. (Hey, you asked for opinions LOL)

If that 'other' powder coating shop doesn't work out for you, check with my buddy Darrell at ChromeMasters in Nashville. He does nice work. http://www.chromemasters.com/

Do they do anything besides motorcycle components?

At 125.00 for chroming a motorcycle oil tank,
their prices for a Duster front or rear bumper
could get pretty pricey, quick.

We're planning on dropping them off & picking them up,
and willing to drive anywhere within a 500-mile radius.

We'll contact Tri-City in Elizabethton TN for their pricing.

(Car currently in Charlotte/Knoxville area.)

Thanks for any additional suggestions!

How about $609.00 for the pair...

both front AND rear

triple-chrome plated

and...brand new!

No cores needed!

http://www.varkmotors.com/71-2-Duster-FrontRear-Set-Rear-Bumper-_p_88295.html

I noticed they have 67-69 Barracuda front and rear also for the same price!

I had mine rechromed but can't remember what my total was this sounds like a good deal.

The only thing is that I had my bumper guards holes filled and chromed over so I bet vark bumpers still have the holes.

Two Lane, I honestly don't know. (All of my personal chrome work was done by Hoak Bros. when I lived in SoCal.) Darrell -- who came highly recommended -- has helped me and a couple customers out who needed their old chrome removed for powder coat work; he told me about his website and I was impressed with what I saw. I can give him a call for you, or you can call and mention my name. :-D Let me know if I can help smooth the way for ya.

As a joke a few years back a guy at the track was giving me grief about not having my fiberglass bumpers painted and might as well put 2x6 lumber on it because it looked that bad to him. So I had them airbrushed to look like they were made out of wood. I never got more coments on a set of bumpers in my life.:toothy7:

As a joke a few years back a guy at the track was giving me grief about not having my fiberglass bumpers painted and might as well put 2x6 lumber on it because it looked that bad to him. So I had them airbrushed to look like they were made out of wood. I never got more coments on a set of bumpers in my life.:toothy7:

My '93 Nissan pickup sports a 2x4 back bumper, cost me about ten bucks. :)

-
Back