Painting Inside of car

-

SRT_DSTRHOLC

Reaction score
Hey guys as you have seen I have been asking a lot of questions about paint. This question is about the inside of the car. I will be painting the inside of the Duster myself. It will be all blacked out. The question I had was, How do i prepare all the surfaces inside the car to be painted, from the firewall to under where the sail panels go? The question I ask is because under the sail panel area inside where you can see through the interior and onto the backside of the outside panel I have some surface rust and I cant really get to it unless I sand blast the car. So I want to know, What would you do? Under the headliner is there body color paint? Or just bare metal? I want to do all of this before the car goes to paint, but after I put my cage in.

i think people will say por15 and truck bedliner i like the liner its durable and pretty rust resistant as far as water on it

i think people will say por15 and truck bedliner i like the liner its durable and pretty rust resistant as far as water on it

I was planing on doing that to all of the floor in the car and trunk, but what about the sides of the interior in the rear and under the headliner? just leave it alone?

i agree with the comment about the por15. great stuff. i wire wheeled the entire floor and inside fire wall. be careful with wire wheels on sheet metal like roof and inside quarters. you can get em hot and warp them. the por15 rolls on nice and lays flat.
IMG_6951.jpg

IMG_3274.jpg

IMG_6949.jpg

That looks amazing. Can you paint or primer over it? And how much did it take to do that all?

Yes, Ospho is phosphoric acid, which converts light rust to a protective iron oxide compound. It might also work on flaky rust in places that are impossible to get to, but you probably need to spray it into there with a garden sprayer. Always hose out the hidden recesses afterward in case some of the liquid Ospho remains behind.

-
Back