painting milodon oil pan?

-

billytuffnuts

Reaction score
Got a milodon oil pan that came with that gold coating, not exactly sure what its called. Anyways I'd like to repaint the thing but not sure how I should go about it with that coating on it. Would a wire wheel take that off or can I just paint over it?

I have one of por15's engine paint kit that I'll be using on the rest of the motor and will most likely use it on this as well.

Paint over it. I have one that has paint on it and Im trying to get the paint off without screwing up the anodizied coating. Maybe we can trade :)

^ its gonna be very tricky if even possible to take the paint off with ruining the zinc. they bond together pretty well and using a stripper or something like that will most likely mess it up. your best bet is if you really want the yellow to just strip it all and have it re-zinc and yellow'd. try to find a local plater to do it, if he says more than $50 to do it he's a greedy sob! haha. zinc and yellow is very cheap and easy to do

and billytuffnuts, you can paint right over it no problem. a lot of parts are zinc'd before they get painted for extra protection

-
Back