Painting Protection - how long will Respirator Filters last?

-

Tacfire11

Strike Hard, Strike Deep
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I've been priming the Dart, and then it dawned on me that I really didn't know how viable my filters were in the respirator :(. I have a MSA Comfo Classic, with P100 Filters. The respirator is about 5 Years old, but only used for 15 mintues. When I was finished I sealed in a ziplock bag. I was spraying epoxy primer last night, and never detected any fumes penetrating the cartridges.

In the Military, our Nuclear, Biological, Chemical protective masks filters are normally rated for 6 hours (continuous use in a contaminated area). Tried to research it on the Internet, but couldn't find any good info.

Thanks

Hiya Tacfire, Make sure your mask is organic "Rated". Got my mask in Home Depot Cost like $30. I havent changed my filters yet after a lot of work... Maybe I should I havent passed out yet :toothy7:

Thanks for the reply, yes that's exactly where I bought mine too. Then in classic fashion, they discontinue the respirator, but conveniently have a new respirator for double the price of the filters :). Of course, they don't carry the filters either. So I found them on MSA (Miner Safety Assoc) web site, and they have them for about $28. Suppoosedly, they say the filters will last approximately 40hrs of use. When you finished, store it in a lip lock bag, and the filters should last a long time - so they say.

Thanks again....

:salute:

-
Back