Panhandler Truth in Advertising

-

harrisonm

Reaction score
We have a lot of panhandlers here. I just about crapped when I saw this guy. Sorry for the picture quality. His sign says, " will not Lie, I need smokes and a drink." I almost went and bought him a six pack just for being honest.
Bum.jpg

I was in a cab in Vegas one fine day and a guy had a sign that read "why lie; I need beer". I flipped him $10 out the window. I thought his honesty was refreshing.

And he was a lot more appreciative than any slot machine.

When I lived in Lexington KY, they arrested a guy for (not sure if charge) illegal panhandling when someone e saw him getting in a brand new Escalade. He made no excuses at all!

Said he cleared over $175,000 the year earlier - tax free.

I believe they are still thinking of charges today to file!

Six or seven years ago, while I was still in college (the second time), a friend and I got bored, made signs and went out panhandling. The other panhandlers were pissed!

We just held up signs saying we didn't need or want money, we were just lazy, and people still tried to give us money!

About ten or so years ago on a hot August weekend
I dressed up in my Santa Suit and along with two attractive young ladies dressed as elves. Hit a busy corner in Philly.
We wanted to raise money for a disabled child .
So I held up a sign . Out of work till Christmas. Reindeer and elves a re Hungry.
We raised 9 thousand dollars in about 4 hours and made the local news.

-
Back