park saftey neutral switch wires

-

abodyhotrod

Reaction score
my wires got a little crispy and the fitting broke off but now have three wires with female ends and i have know clue which goes where

ok i think its orange black green but which goes where or can we narrow it down to witch one goes in the middle.

I don't know which colors go where. You take a ohm meter and connect to the center of the 3 terminals on the transmission with the car in park and check for a connection with one of the other terminals. The 2 terminals that are common with each other when the car in park are the neutral safety switch terminals. The other terminal is for the back up lights. Hope this helps a little.

on my 67 cuda when the brown wire goes to ground it allows the starter relay to pick up and the back up light is a pass through switch.

with the car in neutral i bet the center pin is grounded and with it in reverse the two outside pins have contanuaty.

The center pin is the NSS, and the 2 outers are for b/u lights. Put an ohm meter on your wire at the starter relay, and then find which of the 3 wires has continuity.

-
Back