Parking brake cable removal for sub frame connectors

-

mattq

Reaction score
OK guys and gals I've got my sub frame connectors all made up and ready to install in my 71 dart. I am ready to move the parking brake cable up per the tech pages on Big Block Dart.com and need to know the best way to get this crusty thing out. Do I take it apart at the handle inside the car? thanks

Isn;t there an adjusting bolt right under your seat you can back off.......why not just cut the cable and install new ones.....I hope you have the interior out ....are you tying these to the floor pans or just welding them to the front and rear frames.....

There is an adjustment bolt by the rear frame rail and it is corroded to the point of not budging :( I was just checking before I cut it if there was another route. And I'm just welding them to the frame rails no floor. The interior and floor pans are to good right now for me to tear it all out. And it is a street legal runner right now.

A replacement cable (Napa) isn't that expensive. There's also special retaining clip in the trans crossmember that keeps the cable secure.

-
Back