Parking brake cable repair

-

dartfreak75

Restore it, Dont part it!
Reaction score
I accidentally cut my ebrake cable when cutting out my floor pans. It's the braided thin steel cable that horseshoes around the crossmemeber. Is there any way to splice it or clamp it back together without replacing the whole thing? Thanks

Yes, you will just have to back off the ebarake adjustment down below to create some slack to give yourself enough cable to lap it, and use a couple of metal braided cable clamps. Make sure to locate clear of any snags. You can google it, and you will see numerous types of clamps. Ideally this would be a temporary fix.

Last edited:
Yes, you will just have to back off the ebarake adjustment down below to create some slack to give yourself enough cable to lap it, and use a couple of metal braided cable clamp. Make sure to locate clear of any snags. You can google it, and you will see numerous types. Ideally this would be a temporary fix.
I'm looking for a replacement one but the only one I have found is for a dart sport. I figured I'd fix it If I cant replace it

I accidentally cut my ebrake cable when cutting out my floor pans. It's the braided thin steel cable that horseshoes around the crossmemeber. Is there any way to splice it or clamp it back together without replacing the whole thing? Thanks

Hello dartfreak75,
Not knowing the vehicle your working on i remembered there was a thread here a wile ago on cables.
You can check the link to it and see if any thing there helps.
Parking brake cables
Also Inlinetube sells some products. If they don't list what your looking for call them and possibly they can help.
1967-74 A-Body Complete Parking Brake Cable Kit With Intermediate Cable Stainless
Hope this may help.
Stay Safe !!!
Happy Mopar :)
Arron.

Tray a farm dealer say John Deer, they usually cam swedge new cables.

-
Back